Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
818 Posts
That's the early designed prototype for the Subaru Evoltis...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Along with all electric, cars are going all self-driving. I doubt cars will look anything like cars at that point. More like some sort of cockpit. Front/rear will be interchangeable. For example; pull into your garage, drive out of your garage without need of turning around. 4 wheel steering will include front wheel, rear wheel (although front and rear are relative only to which direction you started off and even changed during the trip), articulated, crab.

·
Administrator
818 Posts
I'm not a fan of self driving cars now. Unless we're talking the Autotopia derivative of 'self driving'... And if anyone has seen the series Upload on Amazon... Makes you wonder how they could be manipulated.

C

Disclaimer - Not a member of the tinfoil hat society.... :geek:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,160 Posts
Chris, in the "present world", I have to agree with you that self-driving vehicles pose some concerns. That said, over a long period of time, I suspect they will become somewhat common and hopefully our present concerns will be addressed by then, although there's certainly a chance we may not still be around when the industry and infrastructure gets there. There may also be increased emphasis on vehicles that are not necessarily "grounded", if you catch my drift...

If you think about it, Science Fiction continues to be a relatively accurate guide toward the future, and that reinforces my belief that vehicles will be very different years and years from now.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris, in the "present world", I have to agree with you that self-driving vehicles pose some concerns. That said, over a long period of time, I suspect they will become somewhat common and hopefully our present concerns will be addressed by then, although there's certainly a chance we may not still be around when the industry and infrastructure gets there. There may also be increased emphasis on vehicles that are not necessarily "grounded", if you catch my drift...

If you think about it, Science Fiction continues to be a relatively accurate guide toward the future, and that reinforces my belief that vehicles will be very different years and years from now.
albeit many decades later...just ask George Jetson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.