Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I noticed if I was washing the car with the key in my pocket I could lock and unlock the car with the water spray. The fist time or 2 I wasn’t really paying attention when it beeped and locked, and was kinda bewildered.

Now it’s a game I play. I think my record is 4 or 5 changes of status locked/unlocked, but to be fair while I’ve gotten better at just the right mist angle to lock it from 3 or 4 feet away (a direct spray on the handle won’t do it), the unlocking is really hit or miss for me still. I also need to determine if the soap is playing a part in the locking (especially at the diy car wash using soap function which was my first “lock”), but I can usually unlock it with just rinse water with not too many tries. But I don’t spend any more time at it than the washing task itself requires, so may not break my current record.

Curious about rain now.

No point, just posting.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah, makes me wonder if a hard driving rain would make the door unlock without sensing fingers on the handle backside. It hardly rains here so it's less of an issue, but if it rains I'll be sure to listen for the correct beep to know that it locked and stayed locked.
F.S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts