Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son designed and 3d printed an adapter for my Ascent. Works pretty good so I thought I would offer them for him on the forum!

Holds 32 oz Nalgene and Hydro Flasks. Has a little extra space to accommodate similar sized bottles. Snuggly wedges into the cup holder. If you have the cup holder lights they are still somewhat visible since the cup holder is hollow in the middle.

He is selling them for 20$ shipped.
He has two ready to go and can print more if there is interest.
PM me if you are interested or have questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok so thanks to chopath and their son, for the 3d printed cup holder insert. Ordered one from his etsy's page for about $20 w shipping.

I did need to make some modifications to it.

I had to sand it as the outside and inside had some of the typical 3d printed filament spots and rough edges which wasn't a big deal, took about 3 minutes with some 800grit sandpaper I had lying around.

Second it wasn't an exact fit for the cupholder, since this insert is perfectly round while the ascent has two flat edges on the sides and is round on the front and back. I took a heat gun to the bottom half, turning the insert around to heat all sides for about 20 seconds, and then pressed it firmly down into the cupholder. I repeated this step several times , marking it to be sure to insert it facing the same direction each time it was inserted, until it would fit deep and securely down into the rear most console cupholder. It now sits snugly and can hold our larger water bottles for longer road trips.

Could still benefit from some retention rubber inserts of some kind, but at least now I can drill or cut or glue these to mount some without permanently modifying the main cupholders.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello,

I received mine yesterday and it fit like a glove in the front space. I was lucky and did not have to do anything. After the post above, I had everything ready. Luckily did not need. Very Happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.