Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
IIRC, 20mph cutoff or "always on" is settable via the Infotainment system.

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
Glad to hear there’s a setting for this. The demos I drove all turned off at speed. Even if you turned it back on it would auto off itself after a few seconds.
I can't 100% confirm it, but the experiences of @notoyotanow as well as a setting I saw in the Groove Subaru Infotainment video would seem to indicate it (Brendan at Groove didn't test the setting - I just saw it on the screen briefly).

·
Registered
965 Posts
I can't 100% confirm it, but the experiences of @notoyotanow as well as a setting I saw in the Groove Subaru Infotainment video would seem to indicate it (Brendan at Groove didn't test the setting - I just saw it on the screen briefly).
Just went out and looked at one of our sold units. Does look like there's a setting that can be changed. By default, it's SUPPOSED to be set to turn off, though. Once I get one I can actually test drive - we're obviously not doing that with these - I'll check this, unless someone else plays with it first.

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
Is there a safety/legal issues not to have it while driving on normal speeds (like distracting driving)?
Is the setting to change it easy/obvious to find?

thanks
Yes, very easy. In the Infotainment system, the car configuration pages are very well organized. It also includes light dimming, etc.

It's explained someplace in this video:

Remember, this is the Gen III Infotainment system. Previous Subarus have Gen 2.2, Gen 2 or earlier. The 2019 Forester will be the next with the Gen 3

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
@Robert.Mauro Do you know where the camera is located? Think it's possible to retrofit into a limited :)
The camera is located in the front grill, and is a little bump-out under the emblem bump-out. Maybe, if you could get all the parts, you could do it? Maybe you'd be lucky and the harness is already there, and you just need to plug it in? But, I am not sure. The Infotainment System would have to have the inputs too.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
The camera is located in the front grill, and is a little bump-out under the emblem bump-out. Maybe, if you could get all the parts, you could do it? Maybe you'd be lucky and the harness is already there, and you just need to plug it in? But, I am not sure. The Infotainment System would have to have the inputs too.
The front camera connected behind the MFD (Multi-Function Display). Not sure if it pre-wired.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For Limited, does the camera view gets project onto the 5" or 10" LCD?
Are you pertaining to the backup camera? because only the touring have the front camera which is displayed on the small display (5 inch top of the dash) but the backup camera with the lines is on the 8 inch

1 - 20 of 41 Posts