Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Ascent Limited is now having issues with the front USB ports. At times, both front USB ports cycle on/off ever few seconds. (We know this because our cellphones chime when plugged in.) This continues for several minutes. Then the ports remain on but Apple car Play does not work. At other times, the front top USB port goes dead and will not turn back on. Turning the car off does not fix the issue.

While the ports aren’t working, I have replaced both USB cables, and tried other cellphones but the condition persists. Resetting the radio head immediately fixes the issue (On/Tune/Eject held down for 30 seconds). I now have to do this at least once a week. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a software/firmware update to fix this?

Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
829 Posts
I occasionally have had connectivity issues with android auto, I had to re-pair my phone and that seemed to help. But I did have a few times where the cable seemed to cycle like you described. If you are still under warranty I would have the dealer look at it, if for nothing else but to bring it to their attention and get it logged in your service history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya. Happened today for the first time. Every minute or two during a ten minute drive. Then fine on the way home. The CarPlay icon disappeared when it crashed, then reappeared when it came back up. Seems like a software issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to take my Ascent in for servicing yesterday so I added the USB issue to the maintenance list. They of course could find nothing wrong but they did note it. They told me there are no firmware/software updates available at this time. If the issue persists, resetting the radio works. Press and hold the Power, Tune, and Eject buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds and the radio will reset.

·
Administrator
11,950 Posts
I had to take my Ascent in for servicing yesterday so I added the USB issue to the maintenance list. They of course could find nothing wrong but they did note it. They told me there are no firmware/software updates available at this time. If the issue persists, resetting the radio works. Press and hold the Power, Tune, and Eject buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds and the radio will reset.
It's Volume and Home buttons for 10 seconds.

I'd try cleaning phone and car ports with a can of compressed air, as well as a new data-certified cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts