Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wow, these things just disappeard. Our dealer is saying they can’t get them expect from a 3rd party. However, does anybody know why Subaru stopped making them?
They were probably being made by the same vendor that made the 2014 Forester Wheel Arch Moldings ... :tango_face_surprise

(That's another accessory that disappeared between announcement and release, in case you don't get my humor.)

·
Registered
174 Posts
They were probably being made by the same vendor that made the 2014 Forester Wheel Arch Moldings ... :tango_face_surprise

(That's another accessory that disappeared between announcement and release, in case you don't get my humor.)
Wheel arch moldings eventually were made though right? I will extremely disappointed if I can't get the molding eventually. I remember seeing it on a a couple of the Oregon test whicles that were out for reviewers, so here's to hoping they figure out whatever is causing the delay

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow, these things just disappeard. Our dealer is saying they can’t get them expect from a 3rd party. However, does anybody know why Subaru stopped making them?
I wrote Subaru regarding the underguard about 10 days ago...with this question

From what information I could find you were offering a Front Bumper Underguard in chrome or satin (E551SXC000 (Touring Chrome) as a dealer installed option.....on the new Ascent....

Recently, in preparation for receipt of our pre-ordered vehicle VIN # 4S4WMARD........, I tried to locate the above mentioned item but couldn’t find any source....just an installation PDF file....

Could you be so kind as to advise as to the availability of this item and also provide me with any current update on the delivery of my vehicle....thanks

THEIR ANSWER:

“The part you inquired about isn’t showing availability at this time. We expect availability of this accessory to increase over the coming weeks. I recommend staying in touch with the parts department of your selling retailer regarding this part.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Service Request Number: 1-34075014648”

·
Registered
685 Posts
Keep in Mind I waited for sway bar bushings for over a month. The entire time, Subaru said they were available, in the country and my order was active. I checked about once a week with no additional information available. Then one day without notice, they just show up.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wrote Subaru regarding the underguard about 10 days ago...with this question

From what information I could find you were offering a Front Bumper Underguard in chrome or satin (E551SXC000 (Touring Chrome) as a dealer installed option.....on the new Ascent....

Recently, in preparation for receipt of our pre-ordered vehicle VIN # 4S4WMARD........, I tried to locate the above mentioned item but couldn’t find any source....just an installation PDF file....

Could you be so kind as to advise as to the availability of this item and also provide me with any current update on the delivery of my vehicle....thanks

THEIR ANSWER:

“The part you inquired about isn’t showing availability at this time. We expect availability of this accessory to increase over the coming weeks. I recommend staying in touch with the parts department of your selling retailer regarding this part.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Service Request Number: 1-34075014648”
My dealer said he could get it from 3rd party. I’m just not sure it will look the same. ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer said he could get it from 3rd party. I’m just not sure it will look the same. ?
Did they offer the name of the 3rd Party? I have not come across any.
No they didn’t. I will reach out and see if they will tell me and post it. He said the parts manager was able to locate it is all they told us.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer and said my (satin) under guard was in and ready for me. I'd rather have the chrome version though.

See attached image (not my photo). I assume this is the satin version. It's the only version I've ever seen in any photos and Subaru media, before and after release of the Ascent. I've never seen a photo of the chrome version.

I wonder if Subaru just had the idea of making a chrome version, created a part number for it, then ultimately decided not to make it? Because all the pre-orders were cancelled and now the chrome one is not even available to order anymore.

Now my lady said "there was no stock to order" but I don't know if that means it's just not available or if Subaru hasn't refilled stock yet and will later be available?

For those interested in this accessory, would you guys go ahead and pick up this satin version, or would you wait for the chrome version knowing it may never be available?

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Satin is definitely my choice. I love the look on my 16 OB. The all black look on the bumper looks a bit naked to my eye.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'd go satin.
So is this part available again now? or you just got a one-off randomly?
They're available again. Ordered it yesterday, got here this morning!

let us know the cost of the under guard .. I'm interested as well.
Will do, picking it up now and she should be matching Hueberger's price.

Satin is definitely my choice. I love the look on my 16 OB. The all black look on the bumper looks a bit naked to my eye.
I agree there needs to be something there. It completes the front end. I guess I was a raccoon in a previous life, I like the shineyness of chrome. Makes it look sparkly clean, lol.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
UGH, I want satin, but the chrome will go much better with all the chrome work around the grille and on the fog lights.

·
Registered
492 Posts
UGH, I want satin, but the chrome will go much better with all the chrome work around the grille and on the fog lights.
Yep, that's another big reason I prefer the chrome.

After seeing this thing in person, it doesn't even really match the rear bumper cover. It doesn't have the same sheen. This satin version just looks like a dull silver paint.

The part number is E551SXC020 for the satin version and it's going for $95-110 online (discounted). My parts lady gave it to me for $110.

For a comparison the chrome version E551SXC000 goes for around $140-160 online (discounted).

And a lot of places are still showing both parts as "This product is no longer available". Maybe SoA is just starting to gather stock again and the satin is the first out of the gate...?

I'm still trying to decide if we will keep this or return it and wait for the chrome, again, which may never come. I know a lot of you like the satin, but I'm just not feeling it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does the satin match the mirror caps on the Touring trim? It looks like this may not be a good match to any other component since it is likely a different supplier than the other pieces.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
If anyone can find the chrome in stock, please let us know.

I am going with that to match the rest of the chrome on the Touring. I hate all the chrome... I love all the chrome... soooo torn... but, I will at least make it all match.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts