Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the members that already have thier Ascent, can you confirm if there's a front and rear tiedown that you can screw in like other Subaru models?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes it has both front and back.
...odd, I just looked at an Ascent yesterday and didn't see a front tie down though there is one in the rear. The front point from what I remember is a hook/loop under driver's side of the front bumper.

Reactions: Michael

·
Registered
253 Posts
For the members that already have thier Ascent, can you confirm if there's a front and rear tiedown that you can screw in like other Subaru models?

Thanks!

Can you specify what you are referring to here? Tiedowns that you screw in? In the cargo area? In the frame? I'm confused...thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Thanks!

Can you specify what you are referring to here? Tiedowns that you screw in? In the cargo area? In the frame? I'm confused...thanks.
Me too. This is our first Subaru, what in the world are you guys talking about? Lol. Sounds like it's a good thing though?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes it has both front and back.
...odd, I just looked at an Ascent yesterday and didn't see a front tie down though there is one in the rear. The front point from what I remember is a hook/loop under driver's side of the front bumper.
Sorry I was wrong thought I saw a cover on the front bumber. It appears to just be threaded in the rear. Front has tow hook and tie down hooks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
They are talking about the screw in tow point. It attaches through a hole in the front bumper/rear bumper where you screw it in. That is how tow trucks pull your vehicle up on the ramps from either the front or the rear. The same is found on all Subaru models. It is the 6-8" bar in this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
They are talking about the screw in tow point. It attaches through a hole in the front bumper/rear bumper where you screw it in. That is how tow trucks pull your vehicle up on the ramps from either the front or the rear. The same is found on all Subaru models. It is the 6-8" bar in this picture.
Ahhh ok cool, thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You mean it's how your buddy pulls you out of the bog you were viciously killin' moments before until ... you weren't ;-)

·
Registered
598 Posts
I’m missing that screw driver you show there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For anyone else that's looking for a no drill front plate bracket, I came across this product that looks promising. I may go down this route in the future. https://www.slybrackets.com/store/#...OWER-HORIZONTAL-GRILLES/p/71956456/category=0
I considered these too but I don’t like the idea of restricting the airflow by putting a license plate over the grill. I’ve seen some articles demonstrating a loss in HP.. maybe not enough for anyone to notice but I just don’t want to do anything to impede the functioning of the vehicle. Esp not for cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I considered these too but I don’t like the idea of restricting the airflow by putting a license plate over the grill. I’ve seen some articles demonstrating a loss in HP.. maybe not enough for anyone to notice but I just don’t want to do anything to impede the functioning of the vehicle. Esp not for cosmetic reasons.
I don't either, but living in California the fines for not having a front plate displayed are getting ridiculous. I'd mount it off to the side to minimize the blockage of airflow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For anyone else that's looking for a no drill front plate bracket, I came across this product that looks promising. I may go down this route in the future. https://www.slybrackets.com/store/#...OWER-HORIZONTAL-GRILLES/p/71956456/category=0
...a front plate is required in VA and this is the exact solution we went with to keep our bumper from being drilled.

...after mounting, the air flow does not appear to significantly impeded. The Ascent really has a ton of frontal air flow area from the looks of it. Also I've noticed no lack of power or performance.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...a front plate is required in VA and this is the exact solution we went with to keep our bumper from being drilled.

...after mounting, the air flow does not appear to significantly impeded. The Ascent really has a ton of frontal air flow area from the looks of it. Also I've noticed no lack of power or performance.
How much room is there between the back of the front plate and the bumper? Can it be extended further out as well? And thanks for posting pictures!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just keep in mind that you are restricting the engine's airflow. Most of the other forums I've looked at says it's not a big deal unless you are pushing you car to its limits. Most recommend that you remove the plate during a track day. I would probably go a step further and suggest that you remove it when towing as well. If you google "license plate airflow" you will see what I am talking about. For me, it's not worth the hassle of wondering whether or not the restricted airflow is the reason my engine is overheating. I'll probably just bite the bullet and drill into the front bumper. There's pretty much zero chance that I will be moving to another state that doesn't require the front license plate in the next 5 to 10 years.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts