Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we get new things, we tend to protect it as much as we can. New phone?... gotta get a phone case right away!

I was looking at bumper protection for the front and rear. I have a 2014 Honda CRV and put a Bumpshox in the front. It does the job. I never had a rear bumper protector though. This was obviously before the whole tech for the cars kicked in with the auto braking, front camera, etc.

My question is, would a bumper protector effect any of the senses? I guess I’m more concerned about the rear bumper protector such as the ones that kind of cover the whole bumper like the BUMPER BULLY type. Would it effect the Reverse Auto Braking/Cross Alert sensors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it covers the little holes, of course the Eyesight will be blind. I wanted to get a nice bumper cover too. One idea is to get something like the thick aftermarket strips and stick them on. Car has to be very very clean and then use alcohol on the area. Don't do it on too hot or cold day. I had them on my Volvo and wrapped them around the corner edges for some extra bump proofing.
I also thought about getting the big cow bumper things for the Ascent but I read they cause more damage in a bigger accident. So rather get slight bumps than huge damage.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If it covers the little holes, of course the Eyesight will be blind. I wanted to get a nice bumper cover too. One idea is to get something like the thick aftermarket strips and stick them on. Car has to be very very clean and then use alcohol on the area. Don't do it on too hot or cold day. I had them on my Volvo and wrapped them around the corner edges for some extra bump proofing.
I also thought about getting the big cow bumper things for the Ascent but I read they cause more damage in a bigger accident. So rather get slight bumps than huge damage.

How does a bumper protector block the eyesight cameras?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone tried sticking on any rubber/foam rear bumper protection? I worry the raised/textured gray cladding will be hard for any adhesive to hold onto tightly. I already have a horizontal scratch on the gray cladding from a minivan with screws sticking out of his license plate. Parking in big cities can be brutal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts