Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See pictures (ignore the few rain drops). I have no idea how it happened, but looked over and the switch that controls the front passenger window seems to have "fallen" into the housing and is no longer flush. It still works, but not in the right place and loose.

I briefly used my trim removal tool to "see" if it comes out easily from the top ... but it didn't. So, I quit and came here.

Does anyone know if this piece of trim (it does move separately from the door itself) comes out from the TOP, or do I need to remove the door panel?

It's going in for it's 6-month/6,000 on Friday, so I will bring it up to the dealer too!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know if this piece of trim (it does move separately from the door itself) comes out from the TOP, or do I need to remove the door panel?
You need to remove the door panel and pop the switch back into place. There are two screws- one behind the latch and one in the handle area- that you need to unscrew after removing their little covers. Then use an auto trim tool (or your hands) and pull/pop off the bottom of the panel and work your way up on either side. The entire top of the panel sits over the top lip of the door frame.
This just happened to me and it took less than 10 minutes to fix.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
See pictures (ignore the few rain drops). I have no idea how it happened, but looked over and the switch that controls the front passenger window seems to have "fallen" into the housing and is no longer flush. It still works, but not in the right place and loose.

I briefly used my trim removal tool to "see" if it comes out easily from the top ... but it didn't. So, I quit and came here.

It's going in for it's 6-month/6,000 on Friday, so I will bring it up to the dealer too!

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 5958

View attachment 5959
door panel removal video

1 - 4 of 4 Posts