Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is part number for front license plate holder? Not sure how to mount license plate without one

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited (CWP)
48 Posts
Hi- don’t have the part number to hand - but mine was out on by the dealer using the two dimples in the front bumper. I believe this is also where the bracket attaches. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was all for this, but with shipping it’s almost dealer price. I may see if SOA has an accessory coupon for me. They made mention of this when they gave me a loyalty coupon on my next purchase/lease

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I was all for this, but with shipping it’s almost dealer price. I may see if SOA has an accessory coupon for me. They made mention of this when they gave me a loyalty coupon on my next purchase/lease
There is no reason to sweat this. There are hundreds of options at reasonable prices. If you have Amazon Prime or know someone who has there is free shipping and you can probably receive it in a day or two.

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
The good one is not available on Amazon and the other on-line stores that have it quote shipping way too high; $20 or more! Guess I gotta use the dealer... Unless anyone has a source?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you just screw into bumper, is there an anchor or something holding the plate on? That’s the primary reason I am looking into these brackets— hoping they utilize a ready made hole with an anchor for a sturdy install

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have tried the Bozzmount if the dealer hadn't screwed their advertising plate to the front of the car while we were signing the papers. Still bugs me everytime I walk by the front of the car. Went with the oem mount and a silicone plate surround for now.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If you just screw into bumper, is there an anchor or something holding the plate on? ...
None I'm aware of when I researched them. They just screw into the plastic bumper. I got the one linked in post #5 above which provides larger screws that screw into the existing plastic bumper dimples and it also fastens with trim mounting tape, which is plenty strong on its own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you just screw into bumper, is there an anchor or something holding the plate on? That’s the primary reason I am looking into these brackets— hoping they utilize a ready made hole with an anchor for a sturdy install
Yes, there are 'anchors' installed at Subaru when your car is assembled. I had the bumper off on my 2020 Forester, and there are molded plastic tabs/anchors behind the bumper with small dimples in front to indicate where to put the screws.If they aren't complete morons, the screws should be in the right place and should stay put as intended.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I highly recommend this. If you look at any of the gazillion pics of my front end, you will see it on my car.
Is this the same one as the C&C Car Worx, or is this now considered OEM? I bought my Ascent in Vermont and I live in NY so I need to find a bracket. I got a quote from my local dealer for the bracket for $32 but I'm not sure what I'd be getting. I want something nice looking and see you suggested it.

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
Is this the same one as the C&C Car Worx, or is this now considered OEM? I bought my Ascent in Vermont and I live in NY so I need to find a bracket. I got a quote from my local dealer for the bracket for $32 but I'm not sure what I'd be getting. I want something nice looking and see you suggested it.
Either one :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts