Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a new 2019 Ascent in February. The car now has about 6,000 miles on it. Began noticing a rattle in the area of the passenger side front end while traveling not perfectly smooth road surfaces. It seems to show up when going slightly down hill and braking. It is like the rattle vibrates radiating from down low upward to about foot level on the passenger side. We have also had a hard clunk sound from the driver side on a couple of occasions but not recently. Can anyone shed light on what might be involved? What parts of the car are potentially contributing to this dynamic? It would be helpful when taking it to the dealer. Thank you Forum family.
G Burazer

·
Banned
85 Posts
There is another thread on this issue -
Clunking in right front over bumps
Jump to Latest

Our Ascent going in this week for noise that first started intermittently on slow left turns now is happening on some bumps and at times when you accelerate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is another thread on this issue -
Clunking in right front over bumps
Jump to Latest

Our Ascent going in this week for noise that first started intermittently on slow left turns now is happening on some bumps and at times when you accelerate.
Thank you. Looking froward to hearing what is learned.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have written a few things about my car's rattles and clunks in the forum. we finally had the steering rack replaced that fixed the clunking.

but we still have a rattle that matches your description perfectly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is a screwed up steering rack tsb. It makes horrible noise. I got mine replaced tho and the new one does it too after a short time :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2019 Premium, with about 25k miles. We recently noticed this same issue. There was a rattling sound coming from the passenger side, when hitting the smallest bumps. I was also able to replicate the sound by gently rocking the car, while it was parked.

The dealer had it for a few days to diagnose the issue. They said that it was a strut mount, and that they would replace the pair.

They had to order the parts. We are waiting for them to arrive. They have assured us that the vehicle was safe to drive in the meantime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We bought a new 2019 Ascent in February. The car now has about 6,000 miles on it. Began noticing a rattle in the area of the passenger side front end while traveling not perfectly smooth road surfaces. It seems to show up when going slightly down hill and braking. It is like the rattle vibrates radiating from down low upward to about foot level on the passenger side. We have also had a hard clunk sound from the driver side on a couple of occasions but not recently. Can anyone shed light on what might be involved? What parts of the car are potentially contributing to this dynamic? It would be helpful when taking it to the dealer. Thank you Forum family.
G Burazer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts