Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone owning the Ascent knows the issue with poorly designed front cupholders A normal metal coffee cup or a normal water bottle knows the tip and tumble out and spill..
I tried rubber stick on stickers but the fall off...
MY QUESTION IS:Has anyone tried weathertec adjustable phone holder without the phone holder??Use it as a cup Insert?..Been wanting to try...if anyone has let me know if it works

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,165 Posts
There are several threads on this in the Accessories area of the forum including creative solutions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To be honest, I just use a small washcloth. When not in use, I toss it in the door panel storage. But works fine with all types of cups--keeps them from tipping and also catches any mess left on the outside of drinks from Sonic. :)

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used some thick non-skid adhesive furniture pads we had left from some big chairs, which are nice because you can cut them into whatever shape you want. Helps a lot with my wife's Starbucks cups, though being adhesive and flexible, they're bound to start peeling off eventually. Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TD2RHYC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_7TmLDb1YK58BA

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The United States of America is a great place to live. We can go to the supermarket and choose between; I lost count how many types of breakfast cereals. Same for bath tissue and a host of other products. All are at incredibly affordable prices with no issues of availability. I shopped for my new vehicle through an auto broker who per my request had five vehicles (different manufacturers) available all at once for me to look at and test drive. Whether it was price, features, style , comfort, quality or any other element I might perceive as not acceptable or great I could elevate that vehicle or eliminate it from my list. The choice was and remained in my control.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
660 Posts
A koozie is cheating!!!

For those who like the cup holders, would you be confident in those center front holders holding your drink as you snow drift through parking lots? ;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
A koozie is cheating!!!

For those who like the cup holders, would you be confident in those center front holders holding your drink as you snow drift through parking lots? ;)
LOL...I guess you are asking me since I am the only one that likes them. I am from Houston and don't know what a snow drift is but it sounds like fun :cool: With the cheating Koozie it will hold great through adverse driving. With the big glass of water if I have to make a quick maneuver I am used to reaching down and placing my hand on my big glass of water to keep it steady. I am sure if the cup fit tight enough to hold on through most anything maneuver it would be too tight to get out when I want a drink.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The front cup holder design was not well thought-out, that is true. Early on, I launched a coffee mug out of the center console cup holder, when I was cut off by a driver and had to slam on the brakes. And unfortunately, the mug flew out of the cup holder into the side of the plastic trim next to the infotainment unit, and nicked the gray plastic there.

But, on the positive side, the cup holder design has forced me to become a very smooth driver. Kind of like the driving instruction where they put a bowl on the hood of the car with a ball in it, and you have to be smooth enough while you drive to not launch the ball out of the bowl.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.