Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can those who have this confirm if this is metal or plastic? Also, I'm not seeing an option to order chrome or satin finish? can someone confirm there is an option? Bonus to whomever can post a picture of each!

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
I forgot to come back to this thread, but, something in the FB group reminded me.

The elusive chrome version is available again, for those who didn't notice it's back. Part numbers are exactly as I'd posted they were, a year and a quarter ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone tell me which bumper under guard, satin or chrome, best matches the rear bumper cover? Looking at the pictures of each on the Subaru site it looks to me like the chrome bumper under guard is the best match but I’m hoping someone that has both can confirm. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Can anyone tell me which bumper under guard, satin or chrome, best matches the rear bumper cover? Looking at the pictures of each on the Subaru site it looks to me like the chrome bumper under guard is the best match but I’m hoping someone that has both can confirm. Thanks.
Satin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks Robert.
I have the old version and it's just silver colored plastic - the same color as regular old silver painted alloy wheels. It's the same stuff that the Gen 4 Outback underguards were made out of. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the "chrome" version would match the rear bumper cover better since the original version does not resemble polished aluminum (chrome?). I actually wish I had that version, but I installed mine before chrome was available .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, looks like the score is chrome-2, satin-1. Thanks to all. As denissh suggested I will call a dealer/reseller and ask. I’m leaning toward chrome pretty heavily as it would most likely match the chrone accents at the bottom of the doors and around the fog lights.

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Ok, looks like the score is chrome-2, satin-1. Thanks to all. As denissh suggested I will call a dealer/reseller and ask. I’m leaning toward chrome pretty heavily as it would most likely match the chrone accents at the bottom of the doors and around the fog lights.
old Satin one is just silver cleared paint .... it's different from mirror caps or rear bumper trim

i was hopping "chrome " will be same as side mirror covers
I have it... it's pretty satin, and nowhere near the chrome of the chrome front bumper guard. Pic to follow.

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
i was hopping for pictures of Front Bumper Under Guard
The new satin one is satin, closest match to the rear. The chrome one is smooth chrome. Sorry, I meant to post them, but they were on my FB profile and a web image of someone's adventure, and I only had my phone. Forgot to get back to it.

Initially, I planned on getting the satin, but, I think the chrome goes nice with the door chrome.

NOT MY PICS

SATIN

CHROME:

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
i was hopping for pictures of Front Bumper Under Guard , my car already got mirrors and rear trim
The rear pic is to show the rear bumper guard compared to the chrome.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rear bumper guard called satin-chrome mirrors covers are also called satin-chrome ... but front Bumper Under Guard called >satin< or >chrome< ... but non of the chrome pictures (including the one you posted ) looks like real chrome , they look same as mirror covers ... and not as chrome around the grill or door handles..

The satin option on Forester and the one i have seen on Ascent is clear coated silver paint ...

Maybe If some one can post closeup picture of chrome front Bumper Under Guard and maybe use something to see reflection

mirrors covers

front grill (normal chrome)

silver painted Under Guard

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Maybe If some one can post closeup picture of chrome front Bumper Under Guard and maybe use something to see reflection
It's chrome like the body side molding. Here, you can see the road asphalt reflected off it like a mirror.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts