Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
How bizarre. I wonder if it’s just a part/supplier shortage or delay or if they decided not to offer this part at all?
They've been bragging about the 700 pound weight capacity and there's supposedly roof campers being designated as compatible with it, so, some people are wildly speculating Thule just didn't have them ready in time or couldn't get them shipped for dealer distribution in time.

Personally, all I know is that it seems they're coming - but not today. There's already dual branded (Thule & Subaru) instructions designed for it, including with the Thule product registration info on it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Have these parts become available yet? When searching by part # on various Subaru OEM part sites, no results comes up.
Aero is available from my dealership, but not extended. They tried swapping the Aero on my initial order with the extended, and the extended was kicked off the final order when it hit SDC for accessory scheduling. Aero was put back on. My salesperson had no ETA either.[/QUOTE

Did I miss something? The question is about the Front Underguards...chrome or satin.....not being available....I can’t find them anywhere ...looks like they are not going to be made available....

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
@Robert.Mauro: For the satin or chrome plastic front under guards?
I’m so confused.
Aero is available from my dealership, but not extended. They tried swapping the Aero on my initial order with the extended, and the extended was kicked off the final order when it hit SDC for accessory scheduling. Aero was put back on. My salesperson had no ETA either.
Did I miss something? The question is about the Front Underguards...chrome or satin.....not being available....I can’t find them anywhere ...looks like they are not going to be made available....

I think the conversation became a mess as the crossbars came up multiple times. I was responding about that - I thought.

Such as here on page 2 (and elsewhere):
https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/9-2019-subaru-ascent-general-discussion-forum/1447-front-bumper-under-guard-2.html#post18821

·
Registered
202 Posts
No problem...I was wanting to get the front bumper underguard a couple weeks ago and found it available at a few Subaru part distributors....now it cannot be found....wonder why? In the initial pre- production models, it was going to be standard on the Touring trim...that got dropped..then shown as dealer installed option.....now nothing....

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
No problem...I was wanting to get the front bumper underguard a couple weeks ago and found it available at a few Subaru part distributors....now it cannot be found....wonder why? In the initial pre- production models, it was going to be standard on the Touring trim...that got dropped..then shown as dealer installed option.....now nothing....
Hmmm... it was removed from mine too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
No problem @Robert!
Yah so odd. Prolly just delayed from suppliers but I don’t see it (front bumper under guard) on the Subaru build site either now.

·
Super Moderator
7,404 Posts
What I can say, is there were two different part numbers - one was Touring Chrome and the other was for other trims?

They are not listed in the public parts sites at all, as you all probably found out, but the installation manuals are still available for both on STIS, so, that's a good sign. I hope.

• E551SXC000 (Touring Chrome)
  • E551SXC020 (Other Trims)
Maybe @Jason or @Carl Abrams can get an answer?

·
Registered
492 Posts
What I can say, is there were two different part numbers - one was Touring Chrome and the other was for other trims?

They are not listed in the public parts sites at all, as you all probably found out, but the installation manuals are still available for both on STIS, so, that's a good sign. I hope.

• E551SXC000 (Touring Chrome)
  • E551SXC020 (Other Trims)
Maybe @Jason or @Carl Abrams can get an answer?
Well I just sent an email to the parts guys at Heuberger and he sounded like he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him about the chrome or satin. He said he couldn't find anything like it on the site.

And sure enough you guys and he are right! They're gone from everywhere, even the Ascent build page for the accessories on Subaru's main website.

I sure hope it's just a parts constraint or maybe they found a flaw with it and will be fixing it? I really wanted to get that piece as it really brings the front together I think. Plus don't they have a similar piece for the Outback?

·
Registered
492 Posts
The Heuberger parts guy was actually very helpful. He tried very hard to find it but still couldn't. He did mention the only other time he's ever seen Subaru pull a part like this is for the 2014+ Forester's wheel arch moldings because there was an issue with them. He said it took Subaru a couple years to figure it out but it did end up available again.

Here's hoping this time won't take them another couple years to make this piece available again ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
This part still shows on Costco build site, but I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Does any know what's the deal? @Jason @Carl Abrams
Most likely because Costco hasn't updated their system yet, or knows that the part got yanked.

No official word that I know of for the reason it was pulled but Subaru parts counter guys can't find/order the part either.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wrote corporate office last week regarding the front bumper underguard ...in chrome...and this is what they said in regards to part E551SXC000

The part you inquired about isn’t showing availability at this time. We expect availability of this accessory to increase over the coming weeks. I recommend staying in touch with the parts department of your selling retailer regarding this part.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-278

In the same message they gave me the exact status of my car delivery....on truck to dealer and I picked up the following day.
So some good info and some not so good...?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wrote corporate office last week regarding the front bumper underguard ...in chrome...and this is what they said in regards to part E551SXC000

The part you inquired about isn’t showing availability at this time. We expect availability of this accessory to increase over the coming weeks. I recommend staying in touch with the parts department of your selling retailer regarding this part.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-278

In the same message they gave me the exact status of my car delivery....on truck to dealer and I picked up the following day.
So some good info and some not so good...?
Well that's sort of good news for the bumper guard. That's the one I wanted to get too so hopefully it'll show back up sooner than later!

And Kris seems like a busy guy, he's the one always emailing me back as well. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sat. 20 Oct 2018. I have the bumper guard - satin - in-hand, and am ready to install in the morning. Downloaded the installation instruction .pdf, but it's confusing re: the plastic ratchet studs for attaching in the 3 protruding tabs on the underside of the part. Maybe all will become clear when I'm on my back under the car! Will post "after" pics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered My AscentTouring then before it arrived, I began to look for subtle ways to make its just slightly different from all the others I expect to see in the future. I saw the front bumper under guard in some advertisements, but this was not offered during the purchase of the car. I saw a thread on this forum with the part number. Three weeks later I went to my dealer parts department and ordered the part. It was only available in the satin, but I was okay with that because the side mirrors and the rear bumper guard are also satin. The part arrived within 3 days. I had to wait another five weeks for my car to arrive. The dealer installed the bumper guard for free. I like the look. I haven't seen another Ascent with it. Wish I had the computer knowledge to post a pic on here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sat. 20 Oct 2018. I have the bumper guard - satin - in-hand, and am ready to install in the morning. Downloaded the installation instruction .pdf, but it's confusing re: the plastic ratchet studs for attaching in the 3 protruding tabs on the underside of the part. Maybe all will become clear when I'm on my back under the car! Will post "after" pics.
My dealer installed it at no cost. It does not hurt to ask.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I ordered one of these a few weeks ago but hesitated to install it because I thought it might make the front end look worse. I put it on last night to see for myself. I think it's OK. I was thinking of wrapping it with brushed steel or aluminum to match the rear bumper protector but I figured it's going to get a lot of chips in it so I left it as-is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered mine, satin finish, a couple months ago from Micah at OEM Subaru parts. 501-503-5442. Super helpful and it looks great. Helps the front end look for sure. Ordered the Subaru window, wind deflectors too. Nice updates. Sorry no pic's as I'm out of town.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts