Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone placed a pre-order and been able to add the under guard? I was told by my dealer that they could not select that option, and was wondering if it was a miss on their part or if there is a delay on the parts being available. Haven't seen a lot of the demo vehicles that include it, but I really like the look on the OB

·
Registered
202 Posts
Currently Cars101 shows the underguard as dealer sold option..not factory installed ....has ^^ listed by it on Subaru.com build meaning, I believe not factory installed..

2019 Ascent parts and dealer installed accessories with MSRP part price (not installed)
Purchase from your local dealer, either installed or in the box
these are not (currently) available factory installed

call your local dealer for price, availability, and installation
subject to change, correction, updating
Cargo organizer $69.95
Rear bumper corner moldings (2pcs)
(not available with blind spot detection)
Front bumper under guard - chrome or satin $129.95
Side window deflectors $199.95
Rear bumper protector mat $69.95
Middle row seat cover protector
Door scuff protector- protects doors from shoe scuffs when entering and exiting your vehicle. Matches door panel. Set of 4. $99.95
LED map and dome light upgrade (2 map and 2 or 4 dome lights)
Engine block heater $159.95
Battery warmer $54.95
Cup holder Ash tray $19.95, Ashtray holder $12.95, Cigarette lighter (replaces center console 12v) $39.95
Rack accessories require crossbars...
Thule aero crossbars extended width
Thule heavy duty cargo basket
Thule bike carrier - fork mounted and Thule wheel holder
Thule bike Carrier - roof mounted
Thule bike carrier - hitch mounted , 2 bike or 4 bike carrier,
Thule ski and snowboard carrier, 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
Thule paddleboard carrier, stand-up, to 34" w, 2 boards
Thule kayak carrier, J style, 1 kayak to 36" wide and to 75 lbs, incl straps and tie downs
Thule cargo carrier, 13cf, 65"L x 34.5"W x 16" H
Thule cargo carrier - Extended length 17cf, 84" L x 34.5" W x 17" H
Thule portable step, steel step stool, folds into carrying case.”

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently Cars101 shows the underguard as dealer sold option..not factory installed ....has ^^ listed by it on Subaru.com build meaning, I believe not factory installed..

2019 Ascent parts and dealer installed accessories with MSRP part price (not installed)

Cargo organizer $69.95
Door scuff protector- protects doors from shoe scuffs when entering and exiting your vehicle. Matches door panel. Set of 4. $99.95
LED map and dome light upgrade (2 map and 2 or 4 dome lights)
Engine block heater $159.95
Battery warmer $54.95
Cup holder Ash tray $19.95, Ashtray holder $12.95, Cigarette lighter (replaces center console 12v) $39.95
Thule kayak carrier, J style, 1 kayak to 36" wide and to 75 lbs, incl straps and tie downs
Thule portable step, steel step stool, folds into carrying case.”

Cool. Wasn't sure on the under guard as it's a bolt on part like the splash guards vs. some of the other items that make sense for the dealer to manage. I was pretty sure our OB came from the factory with it installed as well

·
Registered
597 Posts
Cool. Wasn't sure on the under guard as it's a bolt on part like the splash guards vs. some of the other items that make sense for the dealer to manage. I was pretty sure our OB came from the factory with it installed as well
Our ‘15 outback Limited came with this from the factory. Not sure why they wouldn’t include this on the limited and touring as standard... I’m not paying $129+ install to add it on.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Has anyone placed a pre-order and been able to add the under guard? I was told by my dealer that they could not select that option, and was wondering if it was a miss on their part or if there is a delay on the parts being available. Haven't seen a lot of the demo vehicles that include it, but I really like the look on the OB
I'm planning on getting it, whenever it becomes available. I think it looks pretty sharp. Although I didn't know there were two different ones, chrome or satin. Which one do we see in all the ads? The chrome or the satin version?

I'm leaning towards the satin though since the rear bumper cover/guard (which we will also be getting) appears to be just a satin version.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m planning on getting the front under guard dealer installed in the satin finish to match the rear bumper protector. I think it will look pretty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Absolutely. It is definitely a do it yourself accessory.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found out today that the dealer can't seem to add "popular package #3" for the touring as it includes the crossbars for the roof rack

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just found out today that the dealer can't seem to add "popular package #3" for the touring as it includes the crossbars for the roof rack
Yeah, I thought I mentioned that elsewhere. Not sure what the hold up is on crossbars, but we've not been able to factory order them from day one. Not a big deal, since all they'd do anyway is throw a box into the car for you to put on later yourself, anyway.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Same here.
My dealer initially told me that he can't find the part when tried to edit my order, but later when he went to a training session and there he saw it. He called me the next day and told me he will find a way but till now he couldn't do it. Most probably a dealer installed accessory.

·
Registered
202 Posts
From Cars101

2019 Ascent parts and dealer installed accessories
with MSRP part price (not installed) where available

Starlink 'Entertainment Anywhere' system $970
includes two 9.7" Apple iPad 32gb Wi-Fi models, two Harman Kardon bluetooth headphones, and two Otterbox Defender iPad cases,
available on all models.

LED map and dome light upgrade- 4 bulbs for Ascent base, 6 bubs for all other models (Premium, Limited, Touring)
Cargo organizer $69.95
Engine block heater $159.95 (remove turbo to install)
Battery warmer $54.95
Thule portable step, steel step stool, folds into carrying case.
-

·
Registered
1 Posts
chrome front bumper underguard

From Suburu U.S. Media Center - Touring model is distinguished by chrome front underguard and rear bumber protector. should be include at no charge!

·
Registered
597 Posts
From Suburu U.S. Media Center - Touring model is distinguished by chrome front underguard and rear bumber protector. should be include at no charge!
I think some of those 'standards' have changed since the media release. I don't believe its included on the touring trim anymore although I've see pre-prods both with and without the trim piece. It will be a surprise upon delivery if its on there already or not but I'm guessing not. I don't see if listed as standard or as an option on the build site as of this morning but it obviously exists so who knows.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I personally enjoy the look of the front under guard. The Limited and above OB has the front underguard which makes it easy to determine the trim levels. But to distinguish the difference between the top trim and below, the Ascent has the chrome side view mirrors and door handles.

Either way, I'll probably end up with the under guard. Installation looks to be easy.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Have these parts become available yet? When searching by part # on various Subaru OEM part sites, no results comes up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have these parts become available yet? When searching by part # on various Subaru OEM part sites, no results comes up.
It looks like the Under Guards have been pulled. I had one in my cart and it was around $144. :plain:

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
Aero is available from my dealership, but not extended. They tried swapping the Aero on my initial order with the extended, and the extended was kicked off the final order when it hit SDC for accessory scheduling. Aero was put back on. My salesperson had no ETA either.

·
Registered
597 Posts
How bizarre. I wonder if it’s just a part/supplier shortage or delay or if they decided not to offer this part at all?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts