Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass on that I found that all the accessories are considerably cheaper online from OEM dealer part sites. I'm planning on getting the Limited w nav and adding all the accessories I want myself. These two sites are pretty common in the WRX/STI community. So far, the first one has the best prices but I didn't do a full comparison with shipping, etc.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/accessories/Subaru__Ascent.html

https://subaruonlineparts.com/2019-ascent-accessories-c-662_663.html

Enjoy.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I don't have time to compare the "Subaru invoice" prices against the websites you provided, but I will when I have time (particularly things like the Thule bike rack, Thule cargo holder, etc. since all of these items don't require any kind of professional installers at all).

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Be sure to check out the shipping costs. That Thule rack may be over $100 to ship. You can save some money by purchasing accessories online, but the price difference is about to narrow, when ALL retailers will start charging tax no matter what state you live in.

Stated on the website: "Oversize or overweight items may require additional shipping charges. We will contact you with the estimate of these additional charges once your order has been received."

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/accessories/Subaru__Ascent.html

Is Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs, CO.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Be sure to check out the shipping costs. That Thule rack may be over $100 to ship. You can save some money on accessories on line, but the price difference is about to narrow, when ALL retailers will start charging tax no matter what state you live in.
Yeah, when does the tax situation take effect?

And I know VIP pricing gets you a nice discount on accessories when you order them with the car but is there still any VIP discount if you just walk up to the parts counter and order/buy the parts there?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Easy way to save another ~5%. Put what you want in your cart and fill out all your info with email address. Don't complete the order and close the window. You should receive a coupon for an additional % off your purchase. I bought the Aero Bars from SubaruOnlineParts yesterday this way. FYI- Their flat shipping fee is good for those. Ended up 25% off, which was much better than the 10% off my dealer would do.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Easy way to save another ~5%. Put what you want in your cart and fill out all your info with email address. Don't complete the order and close the window. You should receive a coupon for an additional % off your purchase. I bought the Aero Bars from SubaruOnlineParts yesterday this way. FYI- Their flat shipping fee is good for those. Ended up 25% off, which was much better than the 10% off my dealer would do.
How did you prompt this 5% coupon? I cannot find where you can save your cart and get this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts