Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who the mods on this forum are, but getting a bunch of website redirects when I pull up the forums. Classic malware/spam redirecting to an "update your Flash" website. Getting this both with a desktop computer and mobile device. I verified my equipment is clean. Mods might want to check into it.

·
Super Moderator
6,394 Posts
Not sure who the mods on this forum are, but getting a bunch of website redirects when I pull up the forums. Classic malware/spam redirecting to an "update your Flash" website. Getting this both with a desktop computer and mobile device. I verified my equipment is clean. Mods might want to check into it.
Alas, us mods cannot. I am wondering if it'd an ad thing, since I don't experience the issue, and I am here a lot.

@AscentAdmin can look into it though.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
no experience of redirects here and check in every day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m getting them almost every time I get on this site.
I’m on a few times a day checking to see if there are any new post that are good.
It just started about a month ago.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I’m getting them almost every time I get on this site.
I’m on a few times a day checking to see if there are any new post that are good.
It just started about a month ago.
I suggest clearing your cache and simply restarting your device.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
Posting this in the Community Help forum area or having a moderator move it there will help get this in front of the Administrators. Another vehicle site maintained by the same crew recently had a similar thing .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ironically, I got a redirect on my iPad after clicking on this thread. Annoying, but funny at the same time since it’s thread related. 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not seeing this being reported yet on the other VS Subaru sites. Must be specific here. I think they are tired of us and you guys are the new guinea pigs for shenanigans. They have pulled some stuff recently on Outback that was pretty bad. Deceptive advertising posts made to look like genuine user posts.

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Hello all,

If you are getting these ads please provide us with the following information so we can block them.
  • take a screenshot of the page or “pop up” that loads and hijacks the page you’re browsing
  • note what you were doing or what forum section or thread you were browsing
  • copy the URL of the now hijacked page
  • device info, browser, and software
  • geolocation where it happened
  • put all of that info in this thread
Jeff M

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to get them every time I visited the site. Recently I've been coming back and no redirects. Not sure why it happened but I'm glad it seems to have stoped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What an awesome admin staff we have supporting us. Give him another badge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
redirect ads started a month ago. I wasn’t able to capture photos then. after two weeks, there were no redirect ads. Today I was browsing and it appeared again a number of times...

here are the screenshots…

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts