Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
672 Posts
The lighting regs are sorely out of date. There has been a re-write, but I'm not sure the status of it. Our LED housings don't have separate high beam assemblies, but a movable shutter that creates the high beam pattern. Subaru rightly uses logic that turns off the fog lamps when high beams are selected, but it's not even "wiring circuits" anymore as the regs call it -- it's all logic in the body control module (or similar).

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2001 Forester
441 Posts
I'll be honest, not digging the day time look. Though, normally I function over form....so odd of me to say this :)

Hlpefully that bar isnt bright and/or used on the road. I am getting tired of people with light bars on the road which are EXTREMELY bright.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
45 Posts
Added a bit up front. Many have asked about setup.
Controller:
Switch-Pros SW9100 mounted left of steering wheel:
View attachment 11130

Rally Innovations Rally Light Bar

Vision X Unite light bar with:
4 amber flood lights on ends
2 white flood lights on either side of the center white spot

2 Baja Designs Squadron Sports- Amber - Driving combo

2 Baja Designs Amber S2 fogs
Rally Innovations fog bracket

View attachment 11131

View attachment 11132
View attachment 11133
View attachment 11134
View attachment 11135
View attachment 11136
View attachment 11137
I understand the fog lights. Did they fit into the factory fittings without modification?

However, I DO NOT understand the rest of the lights, especially the "light bar". I hope you plan to use all this illumination OFF ROAD, because when used on paved roads, these FRIGGING light bars absolutely BLIND on coming drivers! If you think you need all this illumination for driving paved roads, please DON"T.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
72 Posts
... when used on paved roads, these FRIGGING light bars absolutely BLIND on coming drivers!
I once had a guy in a lifted F-150 cut me off in traffic to get into the left turn lane I was in. I honked my horn, and before I knew it he flashed the brightest light bar I've ever seen TOWARD me. It was directly in the gap between the tailgate and the bumper facing backwards, probably 36" wide, and blinded me! Luckily, he turned it off very quickly and I could see again.

(I have a dashcam and sent a copy of the video to my Police Department, but never heard anything about it.)

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
45 Posts
I once had a guy in a lifted F-150 cut me off in traffic to get into the left turn lane I was in. I honked my horn, and before I knew it he flashed the brightest light bar I've ever seen TOWARD me. It was directly in the gap between the tailgate and the bumper facing backwards, probably 36" wide, and blinded me! Luckily, he turned it off very quickly and I could see again.

(I have a dashcam and sent a copy of the video to my Police Department, but never heard anything about it.)
I would follow up with your police department. I cannot understand how these lights can be legal and it pisses me off royally when i see these damn things in use on public roads!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts