Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input is appreciated here regarding the size (headroom) of the front seats. I am 6'3 and about to pull the trigger on a preorder.

For reference my 04 Forester XT (with a sunroof) gives me plenty of space (legs,headroom).

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Any input is appreciated here regarding the size (headroom) of the front seats. I am 6'3 and about to pull the trigger on a preorder.

For reference my 04 Forester XT (with a sunroof) gives me plenty of space (legs,headroom).
The front driver's seat is adjustable from a position so low that I have a foot or more above my head (I'm 5'10"), and so high that my head touches the ceiling. So... yes. :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was the “volunteered” tester to try out all the seats at the recent auto show. At 6’2” and 240 i easily fit with ample space in any seat including third row. Even with a size 15 shoe I was able to be comfortable in any seat. My wife is 5’11” and she wouldsit in seat in fromt of me to verify comfort for tall adults. The only car that had more leg, foot, and head room was the VW Atlas. But the drivers layout was too convoluted. The Ascent had a much cleaner and accesible layout for the driver.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My "tester" was 6'5" and wearing ski boots. Since my husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'10", it was a concern. The tester said he had no issues at all with headroom.

Reactions: EMDSS

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Thanks for the encouraging words. I had a feeling this was the case and ya'll are making this too easy to decide without seeing it in person.
After seeing it, I'm in love - or at least very strong lust :grin:

Seriously, I'm thrilled to get mine. Can't wait! First opportunity to test drive, I'm there! I'll report back if that happens.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My "tester" was 6'5" and wearing ski boots. Since my husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'10", it was a concern. The tester said he had no issues at all with headroom.
Oh yeah... My tester is big unconfirmed height but while Subaru was shooting launch footage along the CA lost coast I had Big Foot go sit in the seats! He fit fine. 3rd row was a bit tight and the camera crew started to stir so he had to split. But he texted me saying thumbs up he’ll be looking forward to finding an Ascent parked at trail heads for perusing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts