Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have photos of this? My understanding is that it is standard on Touring and an accessory for all other trims. I got it as an accessory, and you can barely see the blue light. I just want to know if that is normal. All the photos I've seen published by Subaru show it much brighter and fuller.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
Anyone have photos of this? My understanding is that it is standard on Touring and an accessory for all other trims. I got it as an accessory, and you can barely see the blue light. I just want to know if that is normal. All the photos I've seen published by Subaru show it much brighter and fuller.
I have a crappy video I shared in the forum already. I'll do pics tomorrow night.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a crappy video I shared in the forum already. I'll do pics tomorrow night.
Great! Look forward to video..... I have had no luck in seeing the blue footwell lighting and I have the Touring...how do you get it to work? I posted this on a previous thread.

“It was my understanding that the blue ambient footwell lighting was a standard feature in Touring model....but I can’t find anyway...at least yet...to make it blue. Anyone know the solution or am I wrong about this being a standard feature?...all the advertising and build features on current web site show it standard.”

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Look forward to video..... I have had no luck in seeing the blue footwell lighting and I have the Touring...how do you get it to work? I posted this on a previous thread.

“It was my understanding that the blue ambient footwell lighting was a standard feature in Touring model....but I can’t find anyway...at least yet...to make it blue. Anyone know the solution or am I wrong about this being a standard feature?...all the advertising and build features on current web site show it standard.”

My lord, that 2/3 photo looks amazing. It looks NOTHING like that. My blue shows up maybe 10% of that brightness and area covered.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
My lord, that 2/3 photo looks amazing. It looks NOTHING like that. My blue shows up maybe 10% of that brightness and area covered.
The beauty of long exposure. The difficult thing about taking photos of the interior at night is to get the camera to register anything of use at all.

The vid I posted is in the FB Subaru Ascent group, so, you might have to join the group to see it...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruAscent/permalink/2282080872061418/

It's brighter than the vid, that's for sure, but not nearly as bright as the publicity pics. I will try to take still images and adjust them to what the human eye sees, tonight sometime.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The beauty of long exposure. The difficult thing about taking photos of the interior at night is to get the camera to register anything of use at all.

The vid I posted is in the FB Subaru Ascent group, so, you might have to join the group to see it...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruAscent/permalink/2282080872061418/

It's brighter than the vid, that's for sure, but not nearly as bright as the publicity pics. I will try to take still images and adjust them to what the human eye sees, tonight sometime.

Thanks. Even your vid looks 50% brighter than mine does to my eye in real time. I think there is something wrong with my footwell lights.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
Thanks. Even your vid looks 50% brighter than mine does to my eye in real time. I think there is something wrong with my footwell lights.
Could be... was there any other ambient light? It was pretty dark out when I did the vid.

·
Registered
201 Posts

The one photo...# 2 is not the Touring...my mistake...it is the add on kit only available in the other trims...and not available in the Touring according to Subaru’ customer service....however, the other photo is a Touring and while it is not as bright, it is definitely blue.

My problem is that my Touring footwell light is not blue...it is at best a warm white and not very bright....is there a setting to change the color?

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
The one photo...# 2 is not the Touring...my mistake...it is the add on kit only available in the other trims...and not available in the Touring according to Subaru’ customer service....however, the other photo is a Touring and while it is not as bright, it is definitely blue.
It's available on the Touring as well. I had it installed, not realizing that the Touring already had lighting there. It's more subtle, which I like - and not nearly as bright as in the promo pics.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's available on the Touring as well. I had it installed, not realizing that the Touring already had lighting there. It's more subtle, which I like - and not nearly as bright as in the promo pics.
Strange info is flowing...here’s what Subaru just told me

Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Ascent! I apologize for any confusion caused by the availability of the foot-well illumination kit. This kit is an accessory for certain models of the Ascent and would be installed after it was manufactured. The foot-well illumination kit isn’t available for the Touring model. I’m very sorry to share this information.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department

Robert, is this the kit you have installed

Footwell Illumination Kit
This fits your Subaru Ascent
Part Number: H461SXC000...it’s 109. at Heuberger

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
I think that's the one. It definitely is, by color (front footwells are blue), and I still have one of the warm white bulbs on the driver's side still. I'll dig out my paperwork in a bit to confirm, but, that's the only blue illumination kit I am aware of for the Ascent.

Strange info is flowing...here’s what Subaru just told me

Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Ascent! I apologize for any confusion caused by the availability of the foot-well illumination kit. This kit is an accessory for certain models of the Ascent and would be installed after it was manufactured. The foot-well illumination kit isn’t available for the Touring model. I’m very sorry to share this information.

Sincerely,

Kristopher Drechsel
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department

Robert, is this the kit you have installed

Footwell Illumination Kit
This fits your Subaru Ascent
Part Number: H461SXC000...it’s 109. at Heuberger

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could be... was there any other ambient light? It was pretty dark out when I did the vid.
Woah update... for whatever reason, just now the footwell lighting is way more noticeable. Not as bright as the promotional photo, but maybe 50% of it. Which is a lot better than before. It is noticeable when you look down at your feet, yet still subtle. I like it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I build and price my own Ascent Touring on Subaru's website, the option to add the footwell lighting isn't available for the Touring. Is that a recent change from when you ordered your Ascents, or is it a standard option on the Touring model?

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
When I build and price my own Ascent Touring on Subaru's website, the option to add the footwell lighting isn't available for the Touring. Is that a recent change from when you ordered your Ascents, or is it a standard option on the Touring model?
The accessories changed a few times. I put in my accessory list immediately, and I think they worked off of that for my build. My accessories weren't put in at SIA, so, there's that difference too.

I have to grab my window sticker and paperwork out of the car today (need to send the sticker and paperwork to my insurance company so I don't have to do the photo inspection). I'll verify what's on it then. I definitely have the Touring's warm white footwell lights replaced with the accessory's blue footwell illumination kit though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so I took this theory to the test with my Camera. I did a 2 second exposure and got the 1st photo. The 2nd photo is closer to reality. Still, it's brightness is acceptable to me. And yes, it is difficult to take the photo in the dark... I had to switch to manual focus since autofocus was not registering.. .and it's still out of focus.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
Did you adjust the brightness using the dash brightness knob?

Ok so I took this theory to the test with my Camera. I did a 2 second exposure and got the 1st photo. The 2nd photo is closer to reality. Still, it's brightness is acceptable to me. And yes, it is difficult to take the photo in the dark... I had to switch to manual focus since autofocus was not registering.. .and it's still out of focus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I didn't grab a picture but the Touring is suppose to have footwell lighting in the rear correct? Wonder if those were left white I guess?

The accessories changed a few times. I put in my accessory list immediately, and I think they worked off of that for my build. My accessories weren't put in at SIA, so, there's that difference too.

I have to grab my window sticker and paperwork out of the car today (need to send the sticker and paperwork to my insurance company so I don't have to do the photo inspection). I'll verify what's on it then. I definitely have the Touring's warm white footwell lights replaced with the accessory's blue footwell illumination kit though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I didn't grab a picture but the Touring is suppose to have footwell lighting in the rear correct? Wonder if those were left white I guess?
Yes it has warm white under second row bucket seats...your rotary dimmer switch for dash lighting controls the brightness....

BUT, I have a photo from the Subaru Web build site that I am contesting with Corporate customer service that shows the Touring with a blue footwell light....also they are advising me that the blue footwell illumination kit is not available for the Touring trim....But Robert had it installed on his Touring....I am fighting to get them to recognize their advertising on this feature was misleading and take corrective measures....no luck to date:crying: But I love my car.

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts
Send SoA a link to my vid too. If that doesn't work, just get your dealer to order and install it if worse comes to worse.

Yes it has warm white under second row bucket seats...your rotary dimmer switch for dash lighting controls the brightness....

BUT, I have a photo from the Subaru Web build site that I am contesting with Corporate customer service that shows the Touring with a blue footwell light....also they are advising me that the blue footwell illumination kit is not available for the Touring trim....But Robert had it installed on his Touring....I am fighting to get them to recognize their advertising on this feature was misleading and take corrective measures....no luck to date
But I love my car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts