Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Footwell Lighting in Touring Model

15K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  lindajm22 
#1 ·
It was my understanding that the blue ambient footwell lighting was a standard feature in Touring model....but I can’t find anyway...at least yet...to make it blue. Anyone know the solution or am I wrong about this being a standard feature...all the advertising and build features on current web site show it standard.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea, I can confirm that the parking lights on/off controls (most of) the ambient lighting (cup holders and tray areas). However, I also cannot make the foot well lighting come on. Well, I'm getting my Love-Encore session this Friday so that goes on the list.

#7 · (Edited)
Blue is the color of the accessory footwell kit. The white is the factory kit.
So are you saying that the photo showing blue ambient is not one on the Touring trim model?...i beg to differ. I took this photo from the Subaru.com build site. Yes I know that it's warm white, but I EXPECTED BLUE based on their photo..the 3rd photo is a Touring model...the first is not....still unanswered in my correspondence with CS at Subaru.com...

#12 ·
I don't know why they didn't just install color changing LEDs and set it up in the system. My Flex, I can choose between several colors of ambient lighting and can change how bright it is as well. Cost difference it really minimal. The other thing they could have followed from ambient lighting from Ford is the way they light the cup holders. They have the lighting at the top edge (inside the cup holders), which allows for inserts to be installed to hold different sized cups without covering the cup holder LEDs.

Minor changes. I am sure with feedback and reviews of features in competitors vehicles, they will make some adjustments for mid-cycle updates.

#13 ·
I don't see it showing "comes with warm white" on web site..
All references on the site is in blue ... and for Touring its just "standard"
So my expectation was it be in blue .. (really do not care for the color )

its not a fist mistake on the site i'm sure will not be last one

P.S. I almost cancel my Turing order after vented seat stop showing on the website as an option for over a week, and reappeared latter in its own line item ..

#14 ·
It's warm white, unless they made another change. They actually didn't change one of my footwell bulbs (far left next to the side kick panel), so, I have a little warm white glow there from an original "standard" bulb, and all the rest is blue.

#22 ·
If the setting is on, then, either (a) they're on all the time, or (b) when headlights are on, they are on. Their intensity is controlled by the dimmer knob that controls the dash/radio brightness.

On the head unit:
Settings->Vehicle Settings->Ambient Lighting
- Turn to ON.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.