Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my understanding that the blue ambient footwell lighting was a standard feature in Touring model....but I can’t find anyway...at least yet...to make it blue. Anyone know the solution or am I wrong about this being a standard feature...all the advertising and build features on current web site show it standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm assuming you are looking for it when the lights are on, correct? I've had factory footwell lights before, and they are tied into the parking lights, so they only come on when at the least the parking lights are on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea, I can confirm that the parking lights on/off controls (most of) the ambient lighting (cup holders and tray areas). However, I also cannot make the foot well lighting come on. Well, I'm getting my Love-Encore session this Friday so that goes on the list.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yea, I can confirm that the parking lights on/off controls (most of) the ambient lighting (cup holders and tray areas). However, I also cannot make the foot well lighting come on. Well, I'm getting my Love-Encore session this Friday so that goes on the list.
Are they offering a free meal with the session? That is what my Toyota dealer did for us when we purchased our Camry.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm assuming you are looking for it when the lights are on, correct? I've had factory footwell lights before, and they are tied into the parking lights, so they only come on when at the least the parking lights are on.
I’ll take them coming on in blue anyway possible...I can’t seem to get any footwell lighting other than warm white...yellow....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It was my understanding that the blue ambient footwell lighting was a standard feature in Touring model....but I can’t find anyway...at least yet...to make it blue. Anyone know the solution or am I wrong about this being a standard feature...all the advertising and build features on current web site show it standard.
Blue is the color of the accessory footwell kit. The white is the factory kit.
So are you saying that the photo showing blue ambient is not one on the Touring trim model?...i beg to differ. I took this photo from the Subaru.com build site. Yes I know that it's warm white, but I EXPECTED BLUE based on their photo..the 3rd photo is a Touring model...the first is not....still unanswered in my correspondence with CS at Subaru.com...

·
Registered
24 Posts
So are you saying that the photo showing blue ambient is not one on the Touring trim model?...i beg to differ. I took this photo from the Subaru.com build site. Yes I know that it's warm white, but I EXPECTED BLUE based on their photo..the 3rd photo is a Touring model...the first is not....still unanswered in my correspondence with CS at Subaru.com...
I own the Touring model and did not opt for any footwell light options or packages. My default factory lights are warm white, NOT blue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While I applaud you on finding an error on the Subaru.com build site, the reality is that the accessory is blue illumination and the factory module is white. The touring trim comes with factory white footwell illumination. You can buy the accessory kit and swap out the modules in order to get the blue illumination if you so choose, the modules are interchangeable.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Not so much misleading... things changed...

While I applaud you on finding an error on the Subaru.com build site, the reality is that the accessory is blue illumination and the factory module is white. The touring trim comes with factory white footwell illumination. You can buy the accessory kit and swap out the modules in order to get the blue illumination if you so choose, the modules are interchangeable.
1st picture is clear not for Touring model... but 2nd is misleading..
There's nothing misleading, technically. The blue footwell lighting was an option on all trims. In the case of the Touring, they'd swap to the blue (since it already came with the warm white). The pics showing Tourings with blue footwell lighting were taken when it was still going to be an option.

I got it on my order on pre-order day, and they installed it. Those of you who have seen my poor quality interior videos of the lighting can see the blue lighting up front (and warm white everywhere else).

Before my car was built, but after my order was placed, it was removed from the options for the Touring trim level. A dealer would likely still do the swap, but it cannot currently be added to a build on the Subaru website for the Touring trim.

A few of the available options changed over time, before the first car was built or released. But, we knew that was going to happen. Personally, I like the blue up front, but, on the Touring trim that already comes with warm white, I don't know if it's worth the price to have it added after the car is built. That's an individual kinda thing you each can decide for yourselves. Obviously, I spent the money, regardless of whether I thought it was worth the price to simply change colors.

Pretty sure most dealerships would be glad to do it though, if any of you want. Just have them order the part number for the illumination kit as listed for the other trim levels.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know why they didn't just install color changing LEDs and set it up in the system. My Flex, I can choose between several colors of ambient lighting and can change how bright it is as well. Cost difference it really minimal. The other thing they could have followed from ambient lighting from Ford is the way they light the cup holders. They have the lighting at the top edge (inside the cup holders), which allows for inserts to be installed to hold different sized cups without covering the cup holder LEDs.

Minor changes. I am sure with feedback and reviews of features in competitors vehicles, they will make some adjustments for mid-cycle updates.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't see it showing "comes with warm white" on web site..
All references on the site is in blue ... and for Touring its just "standard"
So my expectation was it be in blue .. (really do not care for the color )

its not a fist mistake on the site i'm sure will not be last one

P.S. I almost cancel my Turing order after vented seat stop showing on the website as an option for over a week, and reappeared latter in its own line item ..

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
I don't see it showing "comes with warm white" on web site..
All references on the site is in blue ... and for Touring its just "standard"
So my expectation was it be in blue .. (really do not care for the color )

its not a fist mistake on the site i'm sure will not be last one

P.S. I almost cancel my Turing order after vented seat stop showing on the website as an option for over a week, and reappeared latter in its own line item ..
It's warm white, unless they made another change. They actually didn't change one of my footwell bulbs (far left next to the side kick panel), so, I have a little warm white glow there from an original "standard" bulb, and all the rest is blue.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
And the one kit lights both sides of the car?
Yes. So, if you get a Touring and like the warm white, then do nothing. Otherwise, order the footwell kit, and it will change all but one light to blue on the Touring (or provide light for the lower trims). The one kit lights up both front footwells. The little center console downlight (the blue one near the glasses holder on the ceiling) is standard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. So, if you get a Touring and like the warm white, then do nothing. Otherwise, order the footwell kit, and it will change all but one light to blue on the Touring (or provide light for the lower trims). The one kit lights up both front footwells. The little center console downlight (the blue one near the glasses holder on the ceiling) is standard.
With additional contact with SOA, I also confirm what Robert has said above...Heuberger Subaru has the Kit availabile for 109.00 or so not including shipping...for those thinking of installing here’s how...

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/do...u Ascent - Interior Footwell Illumination.pdf

·
Registered
590 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, I don’t have mine yet so can’t just go look but on the Touring do you have to buy the blue footwell kit? Can you just not buy the blue bulbs and change those?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, I don’t have mine yet so can’t just go look but on the Touring do you have to buy the blue footwell kit? Can you just not buy the blue bulbs and change those?
They're actually LED modules rather than bulbs. If you bought the a touring with OE lighting, you could buy the accessory kit with blue lighting and swap the modules.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Footwell Lighting bulbs on touring can be changed to Blue?

Just curious if I can simply buy blue bulbs to replace the white on my touring without buying the module option since its already there on? If so what size are those?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts