Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Premium Ascent didn't come with the fog lights from the factory. I've always wanted to have them installed but I figured the light output wasn't really that good for the price.
Plus I wanted the amber lens for fog lights.
After reading around the forums about what the others have done, I finally managed to install my fog lights based on the Rally Innovations light conversion kit.

The lights are the Baja Designs Amber S2 Pro. The brackets are from Rally Innovations.
I used the fog light switch, part no. H4510FL500 and it fits perfectly.
Also used a relay, part no. 82501AG05B.
I just cut the factory light covers off myself using a dremel.
I think they look decent.
There is a big difference when I use the fog light at night. I really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Did you happen to take photos of the bracket holding the light? I was thinking about cutting mine as well but wasn't sure how to secure it. Also where you route the wires through the firewall.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wires for the fog light are already there from the factory. So you don't have to deal with the firewall. All you need to do is to supply the switch, relay, and the lights itself.
When you pull out the fog light cover, the H11 connectors are already there. Same with the switch location, the connector is already there.

Unfortunately, I was unable to take a pic of the bracket itself. You can get it from Rally Innovations though. I have a pic of it installed below.
I used a subaru fog light assembly bolt and J nut for the lower hole (ebay) and just about any bolt and nut from my garage for the upper hole.
You only need to secure one side of the bracket. Just slide in the other part of the bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
That's very helpful indeed! Last question, did you just pop the food light covers off or did you take off the bumper cover to gain access to thar section?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's very helpful indeed! Last question, did you just pop the food light covers off or did you take off the bumper cover to gain access to thar section?
You can take the fog light covers off easy. I used a small flat screw driver and pulled out from the bottom portion where it narrows down closest to the middle of the SUV. Just pull them straight out. For the install itself, you'll need to remove the fog light splash covers underneath too. It's really very easy.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
...When you pull out the fog light cover, the H11 connectors are already there. Same with the switch location, the connector is already there...
These are the lights I'm going to get ...when I get around to it. If the switch plugs into the existing connector and the fog light plugs into the existing connector, where does the relay go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi I have a question on the bumper bar , what is the brand name , i'm looking to get one but the broadfeet made bumper bar is all chrome and it big i mean the tube is big . any info will be greatly appreciated. thank you
I got it from Rally Innovations too. They call it a Rally Light bar. You can attach up to 4 fog lights like the example at their website. I'm also planning to add more fog lights next week.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You can take the fog light covers off easy. I used a small flat screw driver and pulled out from the bottom portion where it narrows down closest to the middle of the SUV. Just pull them straight out. For the install itself, you'll need to remove the fog light splash covers underneath too. It's really very easy.
awesome thanks for that information.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hey, thanks for that. So the relay just plugs into a slot in the existing relay box. Sweet!

·
Registered
796 Posts
This accessory add-on looks easy enough to tackle ,all necessary harnesses available and no running of wires through firewalls.
Thanks Hanggaw!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wouldn't that bull bar prevent sensors and safety devices designed to protect driver and passengers in a collision? Air bag, crumple zones, etc would not function as designed. Seems like it would void warranty in case of an accident and might even give trouble when filing an insurance claim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not a typical bull bar. I should stop calling it as one. Rally Innovations calls it a rally light bar. It's only purpose is to hold the fog lights (and look good).
The bar itself is made of thin steel and is very light. My mountain bike carbon frame weighs more than the bar itself.
It won't interfere with the safety features of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
57 Posts
My Premium Ascent didn't come with the fog lights from the factory. I've always wanted to have them installed but I figured the light output wasn't really that good for the price.
Plus I wanted the amber lens for fog lights.
After reading around the forums about what the others have done, I finally managed to install my fog lights based on the Rally Innovations light conversion kit.

The lights are the Baja Designs Amber S2 Pro. The brackets are from Rally Innovations.
I used the fog light switch, part no. H4510FL500 and it fits perfectly.
Also used a relay, part no. 82501AG05B.
I just cut the factory light covers off myself using a dremel.
I think they look decent.
There is a big difference when I use the fog light at night. I really like it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It is a LED fog light. It doesn't have a bulb. The specific model of the LED fog light that I used is Baja Designs S2 Pro. You have a choice on the lens for the fog light. Check them out.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
57 Posts
It is a LED fog light. It doesn't have a bulb. The specific model of the LED fog light that I used is Baja Designs S2 Pro. You have a choice on the lens for the fog light. Check them out.
I looked at the Baja Site but didn't see any fog lights there????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts