Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I can't imagine how I lost this fog light cover. I live in an area with significant snowfall, so perhaps I hit a snowbank? But, it seems to take a lot of force to remove this. And, I would probably be moving at ~5mph when entering or leaving my driveway.

I have the base model, 2019. So, it's just the cover that I lost.

I found a replacement online (part no. 57731XC01A). Can I replace this myself? Any tips?

Thanks.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
561 Posts
You can install yourself. It just click-locks into place. However, ask on the forum here if anyone has upgraded their Ascent to fog lights. The kit includes new bezels and these stock blanks are put aside. I changed mine and would send to you, but I already gave mine away a few months back. Hope someone here sees your posts and offers to sell or gift you their replaced covers.

Oh, and I wonder if someone out there damaged theirs and realizing how easy they are to remove, snatched yours when you weren't looking. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can install yourself. It just click-locks into place. However, ask on the forum here if anyone has upgraded their Ascent to fog lights. The kit includes new bezels and these stock blanks are put aside. I changed mine and would send to you, but I already gave mine away a few months back. Hope someone here sees your posts and offers to sell or gift you their replaced covers.

Oh, and I wonder if someone out there damaged theirs and realizing how easy they are to remove, snatched yours when you weren't looking. Just a thought.
Very helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
816 Posts
The outer trim doesn’t seem damaged so the chrome trim piece should just snap in like skiPro3 said.Probably was not installed properly at the factory and could’ve fell off while driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ordered a replacement part and had it shipped to the dealer. Installed, and it fit perfectly. (y)

A few days later, I found the old part in a melting snowbank nearby. :oops:

Backing out (slowly) I hit an iced-over snowbank, and am now presented with a slightly misaligned bumper. I think the bottom of the bumper smacked down on the snowbank. Any tips or videos available to fix? Frustrating, as I've driven Subarus for years and made it through many winters without issue.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

EDIT: With a little elbow grease, I was able to get the bumper back in place. phew

·
Premium Member
2021 Ascent Touring
211 Posts
I ordered a replacement part and had it shipped to the dealer. Installed, and it fit perfectly. (y)

A few days later, I found the old part in a melting snowbank nearby. :oops:

Backing out (slowly) I hit an iced-over snowbank, and am now presented with a slightly misaligned bumper. I think the bottom of the bumper smacked down on the snowbank. Any tips or videos available to fix? Frustrating, as I've driven Subarus for years and made it through many winters without issue.

View attachment 7292

EDIT: With a little elbow grease, I was able to get the bumper back in place. phew
I was going to suggest a liberal application of elbow grease as I had the same problem, and same fix. Glad it worked for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts