Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldn't find this issue...

Today when I started my 2020 Ascent, no sound would come from any of the FM stations. They displayed station/song info, but no sound. Volume up/down registered but still no sound.

XM stations came in normally. I didn't check AM. I haven't tired turning off the unit yet (only just now found how to do that)

Turned it off after driving about 15 minutes, restarted (only waited 10 seconds maybe), still no FM.

Everything was fine last night. Sat in garage overnight.

Any info before I call for service?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
I had that happen a few times earlier in the year, but have not had it happen since the firmware updates about a month or so ago. (Mine is a MY19, however)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to do anything to get it working again?

Mine was in about a month ago for battery replacement; they said there weren't any updates it needed at that time...

I'll check for updates when I get home.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
811 Posts
Did you have to do anything to get it working agaIn?

I'll check for updates when I get home.
When you said that you "turned it off" above, did you mean just pushing in the volume knob and releasing it, or did you push it in and hold for at least 10 seconds which restarts the infotainment system? That could possibly fix your problem.

Checking for updates is also a good idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you said that you "turned it off" above, did you mean just pushing in the volume knob and releasing it, or did you push it in and hold for at least 10 seconds which restarts the infotainment system? That could possibly fix your problem.
It was just the car that I restarted that time.

But is is working again, the next time starting the car. I'll have to get that update.

Thanks to all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts