Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread about this but I can't find it. Anyone else have this problem? Me and the wife both drive the car and have separate driver profiles. Would this cause the Fm/am to keep resetting? XM stations are where they should be.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I saw a thread about this but I can't find it. Anyone else have this problem? Me and the wife both drive the car and have separate driver profiles. Would this cause the Fm/am to keep resetting? XM stations are where they should be.

It is buried within the Problems thread. Maybe it needs its own thread. I have this problem, as do a lot of others. And I'm the only one driving the car, so it's not a profile issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are a lot of people experience this similar issue, myself included. However, I only experienced it in the first couple weeks of owning the Ascent. Mine doesn't appear to be resetting anymore though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep, it's happened to me as well. Originally thought it would only happen with the xm stations - nope! All my FM stations are gone too. Not sure if there's a fix out there yet, but I'm hoping Subaru will release an update soon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There are a lot of people experience this similar issue, myself included. However, I only experienced it in the first couple weeks of owning the Ascent. Mine doesn't appear to be resetting anymore though.

Any idea if you did something different to fix this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It happened to us too... at first we were trying to figure out why the radio stations were in "hold" mode, before we realized it was telling us to "hold" to reset them! After not happening for the 1st week we had the car, it happened twice in one day... the 2nd time seemed to be immediately after Android Auto was activated.

Would love to know if there is a "fix". We're going to call the dealer when we have a chance...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine is doing it too but only preset 3, 4, and 5 get dumped and it happens after they have been successfully held for several days. All the rest stay as set. Dealer says it may be a profile issue with the key fobs so I am going to set the presets again and then re-set my wife's fob. The thinking is maybe not all the stations were programmed when we set her fob last. I'm not convinced that's the problem though. I swear they dropped off a couple of times when I was out driving the car without her or her fob present. I'll post after I've tried this out for a week or so.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine is doing it too but only preset 3, 4, and 5 get dumped and it happens after they have been successfully held for several days. All the rest stay as set. Dealer says it may be a profile issue with the key fobs so I am going to set the presets again and then re-set my wife's fob. The thinking is maybe not all the stations were programmed when we set her fob last. I'm not convinced that's the problem though. I swear they dropped off a couple of times when I was out driving the car without her or her fob present. I'll post after I've tried this out for a week or so.
I thought that radio profiles were tied to the bluetooth devices that the radio connects to. Is there a key fob aspect to profiles too?

Reactions: Joe Diehl

·
Registered
932 Posts
Outback forum recently had new posts about a software update that seems to fix the issue. Not sure if there is a new one for the Ascent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any idea if you did something different to fix this issue?

I'm the only driver but I noticed the presets no longer happen once I created a profile. I don't think just simply creating a profile is the solution as I know others have continue experiencing the reset of presets even with profile. It was the solution for me though as none of my presets have disappeared since. Prior, it would reset/disappear every other day and was quite annoying.

Or perhaps, a system updated fixed the problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Outback forum recently had new posts about a software update that seems to fix the issue. Not sure if there is a new one for the Ascent.

Anyone have any idea where one can find a software revision / update history? Like what dates Subaru has updated the Ascent software if at all?

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I haven't experienced stations resetting randomly, however...

Yesterday my phone was plugged in on CarPlay, came partially unplugged when I had to slam on the brakes, then I plugged it back in. Well it starting making a loud humming noise for about 10 seconds, then radio turned off and back on and my presets were gone. I'm hoping it was just a glitch due to the bad CarPlay connection.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm the only driver but I noticed the presets no longer happen once I created a profile. I don't think just simply creating a profile is the solution as I know others have continue experiencing the reset of presets even with profile. It was the solution for me though as none of my presets have disappeared since. Prior, it would reset/disappear every other day and was quite annoying.

Or perhaps, a system updated fixed the problem.
This happened to me many times. Hope they have a fix out soon. Very frustrating.
Ok so it's only been 2 days but I haven't had a reset of presets. Crossing my fingers and hopeful. Maybe it was a profile issue afterall. I had made myself a profile on the 1st day I had the car, but I have 2 phones, 1 personal and 1 for work, that I would occasionally use both with the same profile. I don't think the infotainment system likes that and it got confused and would cause reset of presets. So I created another profile so that I would have 1 profile for each phone. I set up radio presets for each profile and they haven't erased in 2 days. When I plug in a particular phone, it automatically switches to the profile that I assigned that phone to. I also tested this with my wife's phone and assigned that to a 3rd profile. Same thing happens. So I think the key possibly is to really make sure you have 1 phone assigned to each profile. This post could be worthless tomorrow if my radio presets disappear again. Crossing fingers....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had my Ascent for two months and figured I got lucky with no preset reset issues... However, all of the FM presets reset yesterday (SXM stayed)... I'm current on my SW, so not sure there is a fix issued just yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Same as @zegilbert. 3 weeks of no problems.. then suddenly today, I noticed my FM presets were missing. My XM ones were still OK.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ok so it's only been 2 days but I haven't had a reset of presets. Crossing my fingers and hopeful. Maybe it was a profile issue afterall. I had made myself a profile on the 1st day I had the car, but I have 2 phones, 1 personal and 1 for work, that I would occasionally use both with the same profile. I don't think the infotainment system likes that and it got confused and would cause reset of presets. So I created another profile so that I would have 1 profile for each phone. I set up radio presets for each profile and they haven't erased in 2 days. When I plug in a particular phone, it automatically switches to the profile that I assigned that phone to. I also tested this with my wife's phone and assigned that to a 3rd profile. Same thing happens. So I think the key possibly is to really make sure you have 1 phone assigned to each profile. This post could be worthless tomorrow if my radio presets disappear again. Crossing fingers....
I've had my Ascent for two months and figured I got lucky with no preset reset issues... However, all of the FM presets reset yesterday (SXM stayed)... I'm current on my SW, so not sure there is a fix issued just yet.
Same as @zegilbert . 3 weeks of no problems.. then suddenly today, I noticed my FM presets were missing. My XM ones were still OK.

I'm now at 6 days (which is a new record / I've had the car for 2+ months) in which I have no radio presets reset! Have you guys looked at your profile settings? There should be a default profile, and then your profile. Fill out radio presets for both profiles and assign your plugged in phone to both (assuming you are the primary driver). Make another profile with another plugged in phone (don't know if this is possible if you don't have a work phone or maybe use spouse's phone) and set radio presets. Note to only have 1 phone plugged in at one time. I think multiple confuses the infotainment system.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm now at 6 days (which is a new record / I've had the car for 2+ months) in which I have no radio presets reset! Have you guys looked at your profile settings? There should be a default profile, and then your profile. Fill out radio presets for both profiles and assign your plugged in phone to both (assuming you are the primary driver). Make another profile with another plugged in phone (don't know if this is possible if you don't have a work phone or maybe use spouse's phone) and set radio presets. Note to only have 1 phone plugged in at one time. I think multiple confuses the infotainment system.
Pretty sure its not a profile problem, although I thought the same at first too.

I only have 1 profile set up in my car (my phone, not my wife's).

I connect my phone via USB every time I get in (I live and die by Android Auto), and it connects via bluetooth every time.

I did not deviate from the practice prior to my FM stations getting removed, nor did anything "unusual" happen.

I'm not really complaining about it... its an inconvenience at worst, because I normally stream my music... just trying to add my experience to those trying to identify the problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pretty sure its not a profile problem, although I thought the same at first too.

I only have 1 profile set up in my car (my phone, not my wife's).

I connect my phone via USB every time I get in (I live and die by Android Auto), and it connects via bluetooth every time.

I did not deviate from the practice prior to my FM stations getting removed, nor did anything "unusual" happen.

I'm not really complaining about it... its an inconvenience at worst, because I normally stream my music... just trying to add my experience to those trying to identify the problem.

Just for the heck of it, if for some reason your existing profile is corrupt, try making another profile, link your phone to it, set your presets, and then delete the existing profile. That's another thing that I did. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: pilot1226
1 - 20 of 172 Posts