Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

If the predictions for delivery hold, I'll have my Ascent late next week. I have two large, fuzzy dogs that I want to keep the interior protected from as much as possible. Not to mention some friends who rival my dogs in their ability to collect dirt.
Now that more and more people have gotten their new cars, I'm looking for feedback on the add on floor mats. Weathertec doesn't have any in stock yet, an I don't just want to use the standard carpet covers. Do the mats compare well to other companies? I'd rather not buy them, just to have to order more whenever Weathertec or other companies start supplying them. Thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Wish the WTs were available but since they aren’t I’m thinking about the Subaru mats to use when I get the car. There’s some pictures in the photo thread of the coverage the Subaru mats provide which while it’s as much as the WT floor liners but better than nothing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ditto for me as well. My pup sheds a lot for having short hair. I opted to add the floor liners until the WT are available. Much like @Burutoo said, "better than nothing."

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad I'm not the only one. Like you've both said, better than nothing. I'll see if I can work out a better price deal. If not, I have a whole bunch of towels I used in my old car. I'm not impressed with what Subaru is offering for a liner. There'll be a no eating, drinking, smoking policy in this car. My last one took me through college, and 10 years beyond. It was pretty beat up inside.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got the Subaru mats and covers for the back seats and really like them. They are a tad shallower than WT ones I think, however they fit well (cover well) and I like the look.
Thank you. Glad to hear from someone who has them. I really need something that can stand up to New England winters, but thankfully, I have some time!

·
Registered
487 Posts
We got the Subaru mats and covers for the back seats and really like them. They are a tad shallower than WT ones I think, however they fit well (cover well) and I like the look.

Been thinking about adding the covers. Are they offered for both the second and third row?

Thinking with the seat cover and a seat hammock, that should help with the dog hairs and potential damage to the leather seats.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I'll be adding the covers as well. I'm going generic with those, though. Assuming I can find some I like. I've never bought a new model car before, so finding accessories was so easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been thinking about adding the covers. Are they offered for both the second and third row?

Thinking with the seat cover and a seat hammock, that should help with the dog hairs and potential damage to the leather seats.
We got a touring with popular package #2 and then the rear seat back protector. The all weather floor liners cover the second and third row too in addition to the space between the captains chairs. I really like the protection that the rear seat back protector provides when the seats are folded down.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got a touring with popular package #2 and then the rear seat back protector. The all weather floor liners cover the second and third row too in addition to the space between the captains chairs. I really like the protection that the rear seat back protector provides when the seats are folded down.
I like the rear protection a lot as well. I'm glad they work in person, and not just on the dealer site. Do they skid? I'm hoping for a decent fitting once the seats are down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I called Weather tech and they stated wont have mats in production till late Aug so might not get till after Aug-Sept the same with the Side weather protectors) RAIN GUARDS )I seen at the dealers on the Ascent touring the mats seems to be ugly and not many groves to capture water and dirt.I bought them at time of sale before seeing but ill get the WT or Husky when they are available

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the rear protection a lot as well. I'm glad they work in person, and not just on the dealer site. Do they skid? I'm hoping for a decent fitting once the seats are down.
Great fit when the seats are down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought at the same time I ordered the car ascent prem on lot they had the touring the all weather mats were in them
Wasn’t impressed.talking about the front and second seating don’t see the backbone cargo area

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of the input, everyone. I'm going to wait on the mats, except the cargo area. I'll see what Husky and WT come out with in a few months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mats update

Well received my Ascent today and after checking the Mats i ordered thru factory i must say they are very nice have a nice side so water or dirt wont damage the carpet, So i think ill stick with these the second row slides in between my captain seats well.

jerry

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well received my Ascent today and after checking the Mats i ordered thru factory i must say they are very nice have a nice side so water or dirt wont damage the carpet, So i think ill stick with these the second row slides in between my captain seats well.

jerry

@jerr529 Have you posted pics anywhere by any chance? I have the Captains Chairs coming with mine and would like to see how they look :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
@jerr529 Have you posted pics anywhere by any chance? I have the Captains Chairs coming with mine and would like to see how they look :)
The 3rd row mat is one piece that covers the 3rd row feet area and the area between the captain's chairs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts