Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been looking into this FLIR PathFindIR II System. This covers everything EyeSight does not. Has anyone done this yet. Also Comments welcomed.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a FLIR unit I took off my truck, more of an expensive toy than anything.

It’s pretty cool, great if youre driving in fog or bad weather a lot. Where would you feed the video into? You’d probably need to mount the unit on the upper grill so it doesn’t get stone damage.

It’s pretty low resolution so good for shapes only.

Earthroamer just posted a video on their social media (attached a screen grab)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the picture. FLIR has a "Unbreakable" cover you can buy for the camera and the instructions say it has to be 25" off the ground. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks for the picture. FLIR has a "Unbreakable" cover you can buy for the camera and the instructions say it has to be 25" off the ground. Thanks for your thoughts.
If you figure out a way to get A/V input into the factory 8” let me know! I’ll find a spot for mine. Where the subaru emblem is on the grill would be a great spot for the camera if it fits.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have been talking with these folks in Houston.
Rocky Bittner <[email protected]> They are FLIR dealers and will do the installation. Waiting for a reply if 8" in car will work. Will update when I hear from them.
Nice! I wouldn’t mind an iPad mini solution either!

If I ever hook it up to my Ascent it will probably be with a field monitor used for video cameras. Lots of mounting options since it has a 1/4” tripod thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts