Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, who can find the part number? It was flipped down and one of my kids stepped on it and snapped off one if the "grabbers". So far I can only find the whole rear setup, which was ~ $100. I'm hoping I can just buy the part that flips down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like the flip down cup holder portion is not a separate serviceable part. You're stuck with buying the whole rear end of the Center Console. I saw that a few dealer websites had it on sale for about $60. Maybe your local dealer can give you the same offer?

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
Ask your dealership for the part number. They have the sub assembly part numbers. Alas, I don't have access to the dealer parts system, so, I don't have an answer for you. Sorry.

·
Administrator
11,392 Posts
Alright, who can find the part number? It was flipped down and one of my kids stepped on it and snapped off one if the "grabbers". So far I can only find the whole rear setup, which was ~ $100. I'm hoping I can just buy the part that flips down.
Ask your dealership for the part number. They have the sub assembly part numbers. Alas, I don't have access to the dealer parts system, so, I don't have an answer for you. Sorry.
I hate not having answers for all of you, so I dug and dug, and found what I am 94% sure is your part number. Sorry it took a while.

It is for the rear panel assembly, including (a) the cup holder, (b) the inner chamber it hinges to, (c) and the side frame. You may have to use the clips, light and switch panel from the existing one - the parts info isn't quite clear on whether those are included or not. It will not come with anything outside of the magenta box in the first diagram (basically, it doesn't come with the center console, but just the components I listed above).

• PN: 92136XC01A
  • Description: Rear Panel. Rear Components, W/Cup Holder
  • Cost:$60-70

NOTE: Your dealer may be able to drill down even farther and get a part number for just the hinged piece that pops down with the cup-holder arms.

It is confirmed to fit the 2019 Subaru Ascent 8 passenger with integrated rear cup holders in the back of the driver's center console for the 2nd row passengers. It is likely the same for the 2020 Ascent, but those parts have not yet all been updated.

You can get an idea of how it's installed from this:

You will get most of these components (likely won't come with the three clips, the one light bulb and the one switch panel - comes with everything else)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Karpediem - Did you end up replacing the rear cup holder assembly? Any tips for doing so? I looked at it briefly, but it wasn't immediately obvious how it comes apart.
I haven't. We don't really use it so hasn't been at the top of the list.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't. We don't really use it so hasn't been at the top of the list.
It turned out to be quite easy. Leave the console in place and pull the cup holder assembly off the back; just tug and wiggle. Then disconnect the wires for the rear ventilation controls, USB ports, 120V outlet, and cup holder light. Transfer the vent controls, USB ports, and 120V outlet to the new cup holder assembly and install in the reverse order. The whole thing is secured to the console with plastic clips which should remain on the assembly and the part comes with new clips installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts