Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory installed hitch and wiring. The pin on the car that handles tail lights stopped working. Turn signals and brake lights work. Is there a fuse someplace that controls tail lights on a trailer?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
I have a factory installed hitch and wiring. The pin on the car that handles tail lights stopped working. Turn signals and brake lights work. Is there a fuse someplace that controls tail lights on a trailer?
My 2019 Owner's manual shows fuse number 28 in the inside fuse panel labeled as "Trail". I didn't see anything else that looks like a trailer fuse.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My 2019 Owner's manual shows fuse number 28 in the inside fuse panel labeled as "Trail". I didn't see anything else that looks like a trailer fuse.
I can confirm that Fuse #28 controls the FB-5 (Trailer hitch connector system). If wired to a Brake controller, you might want to check the Slow Blow Fuse in the Engine Bay, identified as SBF-4.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We had to replace the trailer control module due to similar issues. You can check for voltage coming into and out of the module pins, which is located under the cargo area on the driver side. Our dealer tested and swapped it out pretty easily. Has worked great since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.