Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

If you're having problems with Starlink remote control features, and (a) you've already set up your PIN, and (b) you know you shouldn't be, then:

ON THE APP:
  1. Close the app
  2. Kill the app or otherwise shut it down
  3. Restart the app and log back in.

ON THE WEBSITE:
  1. Log out of the website
  2. Log back into the website
  3. Try again

The sessions time out quickly, and the app and website do not necessarily show you that you're logged out, and instead will error on Starlink services requests.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My S0S and remote start are not working and never has on our White Touring we picked up about a week ago. Yesterday our MySubaru sent us a notice that the S0S was not working, recommended we take it to the dealer. Today the dealer tells us the "head" is bad and they have ordered a new one from Subaru and it should be in the first of next week. All other systems are a go and after around 400 miles mostly interstate highways the car is enjoyable to drive and very responsive. It so far is a Keeper.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, if it's been never working or the system is throwing errors, that's an entirely different scenario. I am following your posts on the other thread though, and am interested in the final outcome.

My S0S and remote start are not working and never has on our White Touring we picked up about a week ago. Yesterday our MySubaru sent us a notice that the S0S was not working, recommended we take it to the dealer. Today the dealer tells us the "head" is bad and they have ordered a new one from Subaru and it should be in the first of next week. All other systems are a go and after around 400 miles mostly interstate highways the car is enjoyable to drive and very responsive. It so far is a Keeper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem on a Limited that was just delivered to dealer and picked up today. Called starlink who reported everything was fine in there end and that I would need to see my local Subaru service department to have this addressed. Frustrating!

·
Registered
60 Posts
We had a problem with our 2017 Outback when we first got it that the red light near the SOS button was illuminated all of the time and I was getting notifications on the MySubaru app about the telematics not working. We had to take it to the dealer 3 times before they finally figured it out. They had the entire dash apart and it ended up being a lose ground screw somewhere behind the dash.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
3 Posts
After a trip to the dealer and few calls, including one by the salesperson to starlink support, it is now working. It took ~48hrs, not at all clear why. Never got a clear explanation or even firm idea when it would start working. Burnt a few hours on this that I shouldn't have had to.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same problem on a Limited that was just delivered to dealer and picked up today. Called starlink who reported everything was fine in there end and that I would need to see my local Subaru service department to have this addressed. Frustrating!
Starlink services take a few days to a week to fully activate. The full suite of remote vehicle services also take a few days to activate, though some of it does start working immediately in the MySubaru app and web page.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Starlink issues

I've done all the shutdown, etc. and have had problems off and on for the past week. I'm really frustrated because we pay a pretty penny for this to be down/intermittently working during the recent polar vortex we're experiencing. I never received notice of problems -- maybe because I turned off the off the constant update feature which was annoying because it was constantly trying to update and constantly displaying on the screen in my car. Anyway, when remote start is working it's great, however, it's not been consistent and that's not a good thing. I really think the FOB should have a remote start as well as having the app on the phone. To me it's a hassle to go thru the multiple steps to start the car thru the app. I do like that I can be anywhere to start the car, but the update to the app adds too many steps now -- do not like.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The past week's been glitchy for me as well.

I think it was Monday AM when the app read that the remote start failed, but the vehicle was on when we went out to the garage.

Strangely enough, the running lights were off.......

In all honesty, in the entire time I've had the vehicle - about 4 months - this is perhaps the 4th time that the app-driven remote-start failed or was in any way glitchy.

Our detached garage is reasonably close to the house: I can definitely activate remote start via the current dedicated fob. But I've gotta say, I've really gotten used to the convenience of the app, particularly if I'm at the lab, where the vehicle being in an underground parking structure would have meant that the traditional remote-start would not be possible.

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've found that sometimes, if I open the app or the web version, and don't do something soon after, it times out my login, but doesn't tell me. The app or website then acts glitchy. If I do that by accident now, I just kill the app, re-open it, log back in and try again.

That may not be your problem, as, every now and then, there have been glitches, and, I think the iOS version has gotten some major updates.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've found that sometimes, if I open the app or the web version, and don't do something soon after, it times out my login, but doesn't tell me. The app or website then acts glitchy. If I do that by accident now, I just kill the app, re-open it, log back in and try again.

That's a good tip! Thanks!

I don't have this problem - in the sense that I'm pretty much a "turn the app on and use it" kind of guy. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
814 Posts
Two days ago on Tuesday, I couldn't get past the Starlink Services are unavailable message on my iPhone. After deleting the app & reinstalling everything worked OK. The version history shows an update was released for ios on Tuesday and there was also an update 2 weeks ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts