Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Denver. I was looking for a new vehicle to replace my 2009 Chevy Traverse, which had 131,000 miles on it, but needed about $9600 worth of tranny, steering, brake, timing belt repairs. Nope. Went to my long time car guy to try out the Santa Fe, Highlander, Sorento, Outback, and others. Really never liked Subaru, and avoided at all costs even looking at one now. I saw one sitting on the lot next to a Santa Fe, and was so impress with how the Ascent looked. Never heard of it, and thought the Forester was ugly. But once I tried all the other cars, I finally relented, and tried the Ascent and was so very impressed. Never looked back, and now I'm leasing a 2019 Black Premium. Such a nice choice!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Congrats. I’m on my first Subaru too. It started a few months ago with my daughter looking at the Chevy Equinox. I’m a long time GM owner and just did not like the Equinox. I always admired Subaru but never owned one so I took her to test drive the Forester and she loves it. I saw the Ascent was big enough for me and had to have one. So a few months later here I am with an Ascent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very, very good. I’m on my second. Traded my 17 Outback for the Ascent. You won’t be disappointed. Great vehicles and company.

Have a very Merry Subaru Christmas.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My first Subaru was a 2012 Outback. They had been on the roads for a couple years prior to that and I always thought they were god awful looking. With the wagon body lifted up high I thought they looked like giant cockroaches. Nobody really says Subarus are good-looking. But as time went by I started to admire them for what's beneath the skin. Now here I am with a new Ascent. It's actually pretty nice looking in my opinion, with a couple of weird angles. Subaru makes beautiful concept cars but then something always happens when production hits. I'm glad the looks steer some people away. It means people who buy Subarus choose them a little more deliberately.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark. Glad to hear that the Ascent was able to dissuade you into buying a Subaru. I think its a much better choice than any other 7 seaters currently on the market.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My first Subaru was a 2012 Outback. They had been on the roads for a couple years prior to that and I always thought they were god awful looking. With the wagon body lifted up high I thought they looked like giant cockroaches. Nobody really says Subarus are good-looking. But as time went by I started to admire them for what's beneath the skin. Now here I am with a new Ascent. It's actually pretty nice looking in my opinion, with a couple of weird angles. Subaru makes beautiful concept cars but then something always happens when production hits. I'm glad the looks steer some people away. It means people who buy Subarus choose them a little more deliberately.
I think Subaru's styling has gotten better especially with the new SGP .The Ascent will age well I think. I also have a new Impreza hatch which I think actually think is a sporty, good looking car much better than the Civic IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.