Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a fist time Subaru owner. Went with the Ascent Limited.

I loved the car the little bit I drive it. I had the car less than 24 hours and 93 miles when power steering cut out. Luckily I was driving and could manage, if it happened 10 mins earlier my wife would have been driving and probably would have crashed.

Had it towed back to the dealer service station. Waiting now for them to call me back with what’s wrong.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome !!

Hope it was just a fuse or simple wiring issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope it was just a fuse or simple wiring issue.
Unfortunately no. The computer module in the steering assembly is busted. They are ordering an entire new steering assembly/column to replace it with. The issue is getting the part. They can’t even get an ETA when it will ship. So no idea when I’ll get the car back at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
****... please keep us posted. Im in a limited and would be interested to hear about more to this. Anyway..welcome and hope you're back on the road shortly

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
No such thing...

Unfortunately no. The computer module in the steering assembly is busted. They are ordering an entire new steering assembly/column to replace it with. The issue is getting the part. They can’t even get an ETA when it will ship. So no idea when I’ll get the car back at this point.
There is no computer module in the steering assembly. Please let us know what the final service order says. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hello. I am a fist time Subaru owner. Went with the Ascent Limited.

I loved the car the little bit I drive it. I had the car less than 24 hours and 93 miles when power steering cut out. Luckily I was driving and could manage, if it happened 10 mins earlier my wife would have been driving and probably would have crashed.

Had it towed back to the dealer service station. Waiting now for them to call me back with what’s wrong.
What dealer service station? Dealers don't operate out of service stations, they operate out of dealerships.

The computer module in the steering assembly is busted. They are ordering an entire new steering assembly/column to replace it with. The issue is getting the part. They can’t even get an ETA when it will ship.
As Robert says, there are no computer modules in the steering assembly, and there would be no need to replace the column should this be an issue - EPASS doesn't work this way. Please send me your VIN via PM, using the internal Subaru network I can see what notes have been entered into our system regarding your vehicle. Note also that in literally millions of cars made with EPASS, this is the first initial reported issue with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the fam! Sorry your first experience isn't going as great as some of ours has. Good luck with the fix!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts