Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

My wife and I put down a deposit on a Crimson Red Touring yesterday. Should arrive next week. It will be my wife's car.

This will be our first Subaru, however, our younger daughter and her husband both own Subarus (Impreza and Forester, respectively).

I have been a "Ford guy" for a long time. Have had very good success with them over the past 30 years - especially the the 3 SHOs we owned as well as the 2000 Mustang GT convertible which we still own (have had it 18+ years and have put 22,000 miles on it!). My current everyday vehicle is a 2017 Ford Fusion Platinum Energi PHEV with which I am very pleased.

I have recently retired and we are planning a number of extended road trips. My wife's 2011 Lincoln MKZ is a fine car, but lacks the storage space for long trips. We looked at many different SUVs including: the Lexus RX 350 (our older daughter owns one); the Audi Q5; and, the Acura MDX. Didn't look at any Ford products as I just didn't see the value there. We normally own a car at least 8 years.

My wife test drove the Touring and loved it. I think the value is there. Her previous first choice was an RX 350, but, at about $10K more similarly equipped, we just couldn't justify the extra cost.

Was happy to find these boards. Looking forward to interesting conversations.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats. Hope you like yours as much as we do ours. When we bought a 2017 Acadia Denali two years ago last September we drove every mid size suv available to get a feel for what we wanted. The Acadia beat out the Lexus RX350, which came in second, because of the way it drove and a little friendlier price. The Acadia was nice but the wife was not happy with it's 6 passenger limit. Our family situation sometimes needs 7. She drove the Ascent and said immediately this was it, no need to shop around. Our Touring with about $1100 of extra stuff was about $4k less than the sticker on the 17 Acadia and it has more safety and other features. So have to agree, the value is there. Our insurance even went down a $100 a year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts