Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just shifted over from being a Volvo family -- the '01 is still going strong but the '11 is nothing but trouble. Landed in a 2020 Ascent Limited and have put about 500 miles on it so far. The turbo and tranny are taking some getting used to, as are all of the bells and whistles.

For the Volvos, I'd picked up a "DICE" unit (to interface with the car to a PC) and diagnostic software, which came in handy for reading and resetting code and such. I'd also found a number of reputable parts and accessories vendors. Though I've got plenty of warranty ahead of me, any tips on interface/diagnostic tools and/or parts vendors?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
If your ask is specific to interfacing with the vehicle for real time data, I've had success with ELM327 OBD2 Bluetooth adapters and a few Android apps to stream the data to.

Specifically, Torque Pro and ActiceOBD for Subaru.

With the former you can stream a pretty fair amount of data points, and plug the results into Tableau or PowerBI. You can get some similar features with the latter, plus info on your CVT.

Standard things like code reading are included in both. Torque Pro is a paid app and worth it. ActiveOBD is free, but I recommend donating to the author.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.