Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my first Ascent on the road today. A black Premium, and it looked really fine. I have been following this forum for awhile and would like to thank everyone for all the great information. I'm driving a 2003 GMC Envoy with 154,000 miles and know its days are limited. I have been looking for a new SUV for a number of years now and when I heard about the Ascent it seemed to meet all my needs. I am tall and need plenty of leg and head room. I also fish and camp a lot and need to tow a 3000 lb. boat. I occasionally go surf fishing and drive on the beach. I had narrowed my search to the 4Runner and the Jeep Grand Cherokee until I saw the Ascent. I nixed the Jeep because of its poor reliability reputation. The 4Runner will work but I prefer a little more refined ride. I am still considering the Ascent, but after reading this forum I am concerned about the longevity of the CVT. Since there aren't any Ascents available here on the lots yet I am thinking about trying to get another year out of my Envoy and see if some of the early bugs get worked out. So, I hope everybody keeps posting their experiences and help me make up my mind. By the way, I love my Envoy but it only gets about 15 mpg. and gas is getting more and more expensive. It has more legroom than any other vehicle I've sat in. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.