Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent touring 2016 Subaru Outback
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Appreciate browsing the forum and everyone's recommendations. I've had my Ascent Touring since 2021, after ordering it due to limited availability. Believe it or not, I can speak to any problems or complaints. Gave the 2016 Outback to wife. I replaced the OEM tires with Falken Wildpeaks yesterday. Did the Tire Rack onsite install, it was a breeze. Another pic loaded with mountain bikes, sometimes do the Rola hitch cargo carrier and Yakima Skybox 16 for luggage. I'll be browsing the forum interested in beefing up battery and other must do's, good luck to everyone.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive bicycle rack Wheel Tire Bicycle Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never had problems with the Falken OEM but didn't have to put them to any weather event test. They never felt grippy and I was hesitant in rain and curves. I drive to ski mountains and the cruddy weather of Midwest, bad roads and sometimes get off the asphalt. I went through similar with my 2016 Outback, refused to replace the OEM until I needed better performance. I got to 18K miles on the Bridgestone's but thankfully before a ski trip and multiple winter events I switched. I looked into swapping with winter tires, going back and forth but it's hard enough getting a free rotation where I live. thanks for asking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the rubber on those rims! Are they still considered low profile or is there some sidewall for puncture protection?
I'm not sure they are low profile or have any sidewall protection but I thought the same? My Ascent looks to sits lower than others (in my opinion) and once these tires were mounted, it was too late to not like them. I'm pretty sure they destroyed the others getting off and I chalk it up to...maybe that's how they look? website photos looked normal.
I think you add in the exterior molding, window deflectors and it looks different (beefy) than the stock Ascent. I was going more for the look on the Wilderness edition with Yoko Geolandar A/T tires which now has me looking at lifts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not sure they are low profile or have any sidewall protection but I thought the same? My Ascent looks to sits lower than others (in my opinion) and once these tires were mounted, it was too late to not like them. I'm pretty sure they destroyed the others getting off and I chalk it up to...maybe that's how they look? website photos looked normal.
I think you add in the exterior molding, window deflectors and it looks different (beefy) than the stock Ascent. I was going more for the look on the Wilderness edition with Yoko Geolandar A/T tires which now has me looking at lifts
Well you made that Ascent look great. Love it and my magnetite grey Ascent should be in the dealership in a week or two. At the moment I’m sporting an Outback Onyx but need the extra leg room so I can’t wait for the phone call.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Snowshoe,WV; trip to Windrock,TN. planned trips to Sedona,AZ & Pisgah,NC got my money’s worth from the Kuat NV bike rack. Trying to get family more interested and wow expensive hobby it can become
Well you made that Ascent look great. Love it and my magnetite grey Ascent should be in the dealership in a week or two. At the moment I’m sporting an Outback Onyx but need the extra leg room so I can’t wait for the phone call.
Hello all! Appreciate browsing the forum and everyone's recommendations. I've had my Ascent Touring since 2021, after ordering it due to limited availability. Believe it or not, I can speak to any problems or complaints. Gave the 2016 Outback to wife. I replaced the OEM tires with Falken Wildpeaks yesterday. Did the Tire Rack onsite install, it was a breeze. Another pic loaded with mountain bikes, sometimes do the Rola hitch cargo carrier and Yakima Skybox 16 for luggage. I'll be browsing the forum interested in beefing up battery and other must do's, good luck to everyone.

View attachment 15249

View attachment 15252

View attachment 15253

View attachment 15249

View attachment 15252

View attachment 15253

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
704 Posts
Trying to get family more interested and wow expensive hobby it can become
For sure! I was looking to upgrade to a 4 bike rack for family trips and got sticker shock. I picked up a Kuat Sherpa years ago and it has served me well, but it isn't upgradeable to 4 bikes. Almost need to sell a bike to fund a new rack (n)

Thankfully my oldest is just learning to ride on 2 wheels so I have time before the rack is needed, so I can keep my eyes on the used market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts