Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we've owned the Ascent Premium for one month...made our first payment this week.

Miles: 2,000.
MPG: 22-23 mpg, more or less and according to the onboard trip computer.
Total New Car Issues: 1. Faulty rear liftgate latch. Will be replaced for free if the weather ever stops pummeling Michigan.

Conditions: Utter Winter Hellscape / Widespread Armageddon. Seriously, our governor declared my county a disaster zone, and that was LAST month, before the most recent "bomb cyclone" came through last weekend. We have had blizzards, ice storms, record-level frigid temps, power outages, Polar Vortexes, 65mph wind gusts -- multiple instances of ALL of those. Gawd.

The Subaru? Unfazed. It has soldiered through drifts, and glare-ice roads, and everything else that Michigan could level at it...on street tires. Without incident. No hard starting when it was -20F. No transmission problems. Eyesight stopped once for like five minutes when the windshield was fogged AND it was below zero. All of the safety thingies have saved my wife's bacon probably a half-dozen times on wretched, sloppy, slippery, busy, insane freeways. "Symmetrical AWD" has gotten her up icy hills and across drifted roads out in cornfield-country. The Subaru has made driving in these conditions almost BORING.

I even got to drive it a couple of times.:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Couple of yrs ago my Father-in-laws neighbor in Ann Arbor MI was given two company car choices. A Legacy or Malibu. He was the only guy to get the Legacy. He told me guess who made all his sales calls that winter and guess who had all sorts of excuses why they didn’t make all their sales calls. Ha ha. He said his wifes Caddie was being replaced with a Subaru that next year. The neighbor across the street was a GM engineer I’m sure there was drama in the hood. LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.