Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so first off the exterior size is great! Narrower than my old Sequoia.

Styling is obviously Subaru not a positive or negative.

Interior materials are well done

Tiny steering wheel is weird
No telescoping is a negative. It hit me what the steering wheel and close to dash spacing reminded me of! A boat!! LOL

Subaru absolutely must put telescoping on with the tilt. I see it as a major flub on Subarus part.

The load floor height is high granted the 3rd row folded down has that effect. Floor to headliner height wasn’t as big as I was envisioning. Hard to say if thats a negative.

Seating space in the limited Bench was pretty decent. The Captains chairs were like most I have sat in felt a little narrow but they have a flat profile so they were far better than the Sienna minivan CCs I have ridden in that feel really narrow and I’m not a big guy to start with.

Driving impressions

The cvt is way WAY better than my 1st gen cvt 2010 Outback. It gives a very solid almost traditional AT feel. Which was really nice. Though with that solid feel comes the really sensitive throttle. I can see people not liking that throttle sensitivity. I was ok with it after two stops.

The video in rear view mirror should be standard in all wagon style bodies. The front view camera was very good too.

In the end

I would personally only buy the Touring to get “all” the technology. The Captains Chairs are a total fail won’t work for my needs.

I was able to see several colors side by side. Tungsten is probably my choice. I’ve had several cars in similar shades of gold/silver and that color held up great and isn’t white or silver.

I hope Subaru adds bench 2nd row to the Touring and telescoping steering wheel. For sure the no bench 2nd row is a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only did about a mile loop on the highway then off. If Subaru adds Bench 2nd row to the Touring I’ll go back and get serious about buying one.

No bench I’ll be buying a different brand.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and this Dealer has a bad sales rep they had nearly every color in nearly every trim. Shh I think they are collectors and not to excited about selling. They won’t have any inventory shortages at that dealer.

The 18 in wheels are decent looking. I’d toss em on a Touring no problem.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some Touring features trickle down for the mid cycle refresh in a few years to be options on the Limited. This way you can get the best of both worlds.

For me the Limited with options comes out almost as much as the Touring and I would miss the specific features. So, I’m going to go with a Touring.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Really? Was it a different lever?

I literally felt like I was sitting at the wheel of a Master Craft wake board boat. Tiny wheel knuckles nearly touching the dash LOL
Yeah, same lever on the left side of the steering wheel.

It does telescope, but only about half of what it should for taller people who like to sit further back or higher in the driver's seat.

It is terrible. It was almost a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, I definitely wish it came out further. I'm making do at 6'5, but I've definitely noticed some ergonomic issues as I mentioned in my thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts