Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
629 Posts
Why not just go to Discount's website? A million times faster than trying to wait for someone to return your call/message.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Why not just go to Discount's website? A million times faster than trying to wait for someone to return your call/message.
Yes, I did go to their website, so saw the pricing there. (though I couldn't tell if that included installation or not). Was hoping that maybe there would be some sort of "great deal" that I could find that wasn't on the website, but so far no luck.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
396 Posts
Probably a bit of a hail mary, but try some local tire shop, midas, etc and see if they have anything on the used rack that's got similar wear. Could try a few junk yards too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If you use Discount they will match prices if you find a lower price elsewhere. They have done this for me many times over the years

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, folks, looks like I'll be going with a set of the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready, which I'm getting from Discount Tire for $936. My luck turned big time today when my kindly older brother said he would happily gift us this set of tires. haven't made the appt yet, but hopefully Friday is the big day.
Thank you all for your help and advice and opinions, etc. Very much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Unfortunately it's been several hours without hearing anything from Discount Tire other than "We're happy to help" and "Let's confirm your tire size" I sent them a message last night in the hopes of having some specific answers this morning. Sigh...
Oh, and the dealer just let me know what we already knew, the tire is not fixable. Sigh... Trying to scramble around and see what to do. Maybe a set of tires will fall from the sky. :p
Call the local store and they will quote you over the phone.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
396 Posts
Well, folks, looks like I'll be going with a set of the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready, which I'm getting from Discount Tire for $936. My luck turned big time today when my kindly older brother said he would happily gift us this set of tires. haven't made the appt yet, but hopefully Friday is the big day.
Thank you all for your help and advice and opinions, etc. Very much appreciated!
Glad you had a stroke of good luck! Let me know how you like them, I've had 2 sets on outbacks and they are frontrunners for my Ascent when the time comes to replace them

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes it's not fixable?.....and yes you could patch it but that tire will separate under the the tread in short orde Just as soon as that guy starts polishing up the motor on his Accent.r.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not fixable, maybe it's patchable and keep it as a spare?

I guess you already have the new tires.

After a couple of weeks with the Costco Michelin-x-lt-a/s I have to say I like them. Very quiet, I hear car noises I never heard before. Have not stressed them yet, but being Michelin, they should deliver on their claims.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I went down to 19” rims when I got my Ascent. So I have a nearly new set of 20” original tires. Will send them to you for the cost of shipping and demounting of you still need them. I live in the chicago area.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I went down to 19” rims when I got my Ascent. So I have a nearly new set of 20” original tires. Will send them to you for the cost of shipping and demounting of you still need them. I live in the chicago area.
Thanks, Hankdog! Super appreciate your thoughtful offer. Luckily my story had a happy ending, though, thanks to the kindness of my older brother (bought us an "early Christmas present" set of new tires) as well as our Subaru dealer (free replacement wheel). So all is good now.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts