Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just passed the 1 year mark with our 2019 red/Ivory 8 passenger Limited. We drove just over 14,000 miles this past year, with over 8,000 miles of that on our December - March Winter cross country trip out West.

It had been 35 years since my last Subaru so I did my homework before pulling the trigger on the Accent last September.

I have total confidence in this vehicle and I'm completely satisfied with my decision, it has never been back to the dealer/service center for a problem.

I've learned a lot from everyone on this forum, but as a result I've spent a lot of time looking for non existent problems, more than any other new vehicle I've owned. Oil level/smoke - no, strut/CVT noise - no, A/C leak - nope, wavy/cracked glass - no, rattles - nada, zero problems. Sure the HK Nav/Infotainment user interface could be improved, but it has always worked, I just didn't take the time to learn it correctly.

Luckily, I'm past all of that now, I no longer obsess about MPGs or any of that stuff, I know what to expect and really enjoy driving the Accent. So does my wife whose beloved Accord Hybrid sits in the garage most of the time now and we've been talking about down sizing to 1 vehicle. She took the Honda this morning and rolled down her window as she was driving away and said " Holy cow, this Honda steers hard!"

Happy Subaruing Everyone!
Gary (In Michigan)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
We just passed the 1 year mark with our 2019 red/Ivory 8 passenger Limited. We drove just over 14,000 miles this past year, with over 8,000 miles of that on our December - March Winter cross country trip out West.

It had been 35 years since my last Subaru so I did my homework before pulling the trigger on the Accent last September.

I have total confidence in this vehicle and I'm completely satisfied with my decision, it has never been back to the dealer/service center for a problem.

I've learned a lot from everyone on this forum, but as a result I've spent a lot of time looking for non existent problems, more than any other new vehicle I've owned. Oil level/smoke - no, strut/CVT noise - no, A/C leak - nope, wavy/cracked glass - no, rattles - nada, zero problems. Sure the HK Nav/Infotainment user interface could be improved, but it has always worked, I just didn't take the time to learn it correctly.

Luckily, I'm past all of that now, I no longer obsess about MPGs or any of that stuff, I know what to expect and really enjoy driving the Accent. So does my wife whose beloved Accord Hybrid sits in the garage most of the time now and we've been talking about down sizing to 1 vehicle. She took the Honda this morning and rolled down her window as she was driving away and said " Holy cow, this Honda steers hard!"

Gary (In Michigan)
Let the fun times roll !

·
Registered
130 Posts

Gary (In Michigan)
So nice and refreshing to read such a positive review!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts