I went to the Houston Auto Show over the weekend to assess the Ascent and overall it was impressive. There are things I found out from the HQ reps and visual inspections that's not advertised yet.
- May 1, 2018 is the dealer drop date to go on for sale. They've not been on schedule and I believe August 2018 is more realistic.
- MPG and pricings will be public in one month. Again, that schedule can slip.
- Spare tire is 6.5" wide and 29.7" tall (diameter). The normal tires are 9.6" wide and 29.6" tall. Will a full-size tire fit? It was difficult to inspect with bunch of ppl around the car but I believe so (see photos).
- The tranny has a cooler to meet the 5000lbs towing but I'm not certain about the rear suspension though. I'm beginning to think the 5000lbs is a bloated value.
- A/C uses the new refrigerant called R-1234yf w/ ND 12 oil.
- Driver seat (Touring) has extendable thigh support (same as BMW).
- Has a coolant temp guage (Forester do not have this).
- Gas cover is not lockable (all current models are lockable). Molded plastic is used liberally.
- Falsed key hole at steering column still exist.
357.5 KB Views: 342
324.4 KB Views: 332
336.1 KB Views: 316
209.3 KB Views: 320
179.2 KB Views: 326
357.7 KB Views: 306
315.2 KB Views: 280
102 KB Views: 277
249.8 KB Views: 286
261.1 KB Views: 272