Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Find my Subaru on Starlink Remote Services phone app keeps showing an old location...... not updating ..
Does it do that on the web version on a computer too?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well turns out got Punked by wife.. She ended up going back to the same Mall.... all good.
You should get her an IPhone for finding her. The Find my IPhone feature works well. My wife and I are too old and have been married too long to have secrets from each other and we like it that way. We also live in the country side so cell reception is not always the best. So we find the feature really useful when we just want to quickly know where the other one is. For example if my wife is cooking dinner she can quickly look and see how close I am to getting home on my 1-2 hour commute home. Or if I get home and she is not there is can find out where she is. Works for kids phones too. If my daughter is driving home from college we can see her progress and figure out when she will arrive.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
815 Posts
You should get her an IPhone for finding her. The Find my IPhone feature works well. My wife and I are too old and have been married too long to have secrets from each other and we like it that way. We also live in the country side so cell reception is not always the best. So we find the feature really useful when we just want to quickly know where the other one is. For example if my wife is cooking dinner she can quickly look and see how close I am to getting home on my 1-2 hour commute home. Or if I get home and she is not there is can find out where she is. Works for kids phones too. If my daughter is driving home from college we can see her progress and figure out when she will arrive.
My wife and I use Google Maps location sharing although we both have iPhones.

Find My Subaru still comes in handy for me when she is in buildings with no cell reception I can at least tell where she is likely to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made the mistake of telling my wife that I can now track her new car from my phone with an app. She is not amused. No sir!
Not tracking HER LOL.. well sort of..she wouldn't dig that... but she was Out shopping with her girlfriends wanted to have fire going for them when they got home...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife and I use Google Maps location sharing although we both have iPhones.

Find My Subaru still comes in handy for me when she is in buildings with no cell reception I can at least tell where she is likely to be.
Well i am new to the subaru starlink ... but wanted to time out getting a fire going in the fireplace when she and her friends got home from shopping.. .The location showed her still at the mall when i thought she was on her way home !! decided to go back for more bargains !! LOL... she does not want to be tracked trust me ! LOL..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts