Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up our Ascent yesterday and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the drive! It's a wonderful car and we can't wait for all of our adventures we will take in it.

Our first preorder (which we canceled) was on 5/1 so an overall almost 4 months to finally get our car. For this one, we ordered 6/13 and picked up 8/22.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats! Did the checklist help!? Would you add anything to it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Did the checklist help!? Would you add anything to it?
It helped for the most part, but even asking about the tire pressure, it was still high so hubby had to adjust it this morning. They did a wonderful job checking/cleaning it up. If you are getting license plates mailed to you (rather than transferring to the new car), make sure you have your temporary DMV paperwork put in the window (my salesman had almost forgot, but we had also signed paperwork last Thursday). Also, have your Starlink and everything activated in the car/and app before you leave. I'm having issues getting mine set up and will be calling their customer service when I get a chance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I finally picked up our Ascent yesterday and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the drive! It's a wonderful car and we can't wait for all of our adventures we will take in it.

Our first preorder (which we canceled) was on 5/1 so an overall almost 4 months to finally get our car. For this one, we ordered 6/13 and picked up 8/22.

Congrats! That's a pretty quick turnaround from 6/13 to 8/22. I know some people who ordered in March and still haven't received their cars yet. Anyway, enjoy!

Reactions: imalittle1

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it! Can you link the checklist?

Also, what options were you presented with Starlink? I am looking at Joe's site at cars101 and it is suggesting that there may be a monthly $4.95 option? I may do this if it's available.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Also, what options were you presented with Starlink? I am looking at Joe's site at cars101 and it is suggesting that there may be a monthly $4.95 option? I may do this if it's available.
It appears kathtyn linked you the checklist.

In regards to STARLINK, here is the info on the website: https://www.subaru.com/engineering/starlink.html Scroll down to the section that says All-New STARLINK Safety and Security Services. You get a 3 year free trial of the Safety Plus and a 6 month trial of the Security Plus. My understanding is that they will need a credit card to get it all set up and it'll auto renew for $4.95 after that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations!!
Just curious, did you get someones order or was it the one you ordered? 06/13 and 08/22 is not realistic dates.
Also, were you given 08/31 and came early or how many times your ETA has been changed?
I got the one we ordered. We may have ordered from a little larger of a dealer to be a part of their August allocation, but I'm not certain about that. We ordered on 6/13, got our VIN on 7/27 with an initial ETA of 8/28. Then the ETA was bumped to 8/24 and it arrived late on 8/21 with it being available for pickup on 8/22.

·
Registered
304 Posts

I'd have to double check to be certain, but I believe that is the monthly fee for Concierge services through Starlink.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd have to double check to be certain, but I believe that is the monthly fee for Concierge services through Starlink.
That is correct. The Concierge isn't free. But we have free trials of Safety Plus (3 years) and Security Plus (6 months). Not sure how much it will be per month for the Security Plus after the trial period.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That is correct. The Concierge isn't free. But we have free trials of Safety Plus (3 years) and Security Plus (6 months). Not sure how much it will be per month for the Security Plus after the trial period.
Prices below are organized as Safety Plus/Security Plus/Concierge for each line.

Non-Introductory/Renewal Pricing:

Monthly $9.95/$14.90/$19.85
1 Year: $99.95/$149.90/$199.85
2 years: $149.95/$224.90/$299.85
3 years: $199.95/$299.90/$399.85

Each product requires purchase of the previous (security requires safety plus, concierge requires both safety and security plus).

Retail/Finance pricing for enrollment w/in 180 days.

3 Years FREE $ 74.95 $ 174.90
4 Years $ 49.95 $ 149.90 $ 274.85
5 Years $ 99.95 $ 224.90 $ 374.84
6 Years $ 149.95 $ 299.90 $ 474.85
7 Years $ 199.95 $ 374.90 $ 575.85

Lease Pricing

12 Months FREE $ 24.95 $ 74.90
24 Months FREE $ 49.95 $ 124.90
36 Months FREE $ 74.95 $ 174.90
39 Months $ 12.95 $ 92.90 $ 197.85
42 Months $ 24.95 $ 112.90 $ 225.85
48 Months $ 49.95 $ 149.90 $ 274.85

·
Registered
932 Posts
It seems to be coming through now. Maybe there was a delay uploading since I was on my phone.

Yeah. I'll have to take whatever is the longest subscription and build it into the cost of purchase. The promotional rate sounds really good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gah my dealer didn't mention that those are introductory prices; in fact they said that when we renew, we can continue using those lower prices (they didn't mention the higher prices). So I signed up for the 3-year plan. Now I'm wondering how I can fix this. Someone should make Orestes85's post a sticky; it might help someone else out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gah my dealer didn't mention that those are introductory prices; in fact they said that when we renew, we can continue using those lower prices (they didn't mention the higher prices). So I signed up for the 3-year plan. Now I'm wondering how I can fix this. Someone should make Orestes85's post a sticky; it might help someone else out.
Not sure what you need fixed, as you shouldn't have paid for anything (unless you paid for the Security Plus at $74.95). Everything else is a free trial (Safety plus for 3 years and Security Plus for 6 months). If something wasn't set up right, I'd call STARLINK customer service. I had to do that because my salesman didn't know about the 6 month trial of Security Plus and they had to reset my STARLINK to have it have both.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts