Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took delivery of our CWP Ascent Touring this morning! Process always takes so long and other than driving it home I haven’t had time to play with anything yet but so far it’s all we hoped for. Great job by Subaru. There were no less than 5-10 groups of people looking at or inquiring about the ascent in the showroom while we waited for various people to complete the deal. This thing is gonna be everywhere soon!

Can’t wait to spend some time In the garage messing with various settings later tonight.
No good pics yet but will get some and posted ASAP.
FYI, car had 10 miles on it from the factory (to confirm from a previous discussion about this topic).

Dump question: how do you mute audio from the steering wheel or is that not possible anymore with this new system? I miss the dedicated button from the outback.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Took delivery of our CWP Ascent Touring this morning! Process always takes so long and other than driving it home I haven’t had time to play with anything yet but so far it’s all we hoped for. Great job by Subaru. There were no less than 5-10 groups of people looking at or inquiring about the ascent in the showroom while we waited for various people to complete the deal. This thing is gonna be everywhere soon!

Can’t wait to spend some time In the garage messing with various settings later tonight.
FYI, car had 10 miles on it from the factory (to confirm from a previous discussion about this topic).

Dump question: how do you mute audio from the steering wheel or is that not possible anymore with this new system? I miss the dedicated button from the outback.
Congrats on the new ride :)

Reactions: Burutoo

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dumb question: how do you mute audio from the steering wheel or is that not possible anymore with this new system? I miss the dedicated button from the outback.
Not from the steering wheel (other than up or down). But press the vol button on the HU, and it will mute. Press again to unmute. Hold down for 20-30 sec to shut off HU (not normally done).

·
Registered
119 Posts

Have fun!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not from the steering wheel (other than up or down). But press the vol button on the HU, and it will mute. Press again to unmute. Hold down for 20-30 sec to shut off HU (not normally done).
Ok so no steering control for this anymore. Bummer.
Thanks for the quick reply!!

·
Registered
29 Posts

Sweet- Congrats!

When you finally got a Vin, how does the delivery date of today match up with the promised date? We have July 10, and am wondering if / when it might be early!

Called about the AAA loan- I tried to apply on my own and was surprisingly turned down- my wife and I then applied together and I anticipate no issues- thanks for your help w that.

Charlie

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet- Congrats!

When you finally got a Vin, how does the delivery date of today match up with the promised date? We have July 10, and am wondering if / when it might be early!

Called about the AAA loan- I tried to apply on my own and was surprisingly turned down- my wife and I then applied together and I anticipate no issues- thanks for your help w that.

Charlie
Hi Charlie!
I got my vin on 6/21 and was told mid July then got an email on Thursday saying it was being delivered Friday. LOL. So much for mid July.

Interesting to hear about AAA and the approval. My wife was declined alone as we’ll despite a 800+ CR. When I added myself on it was approved. I hope that’s not some type of scam and more bc they are conservative with loans? We are moving forward with AAA since they had the lowest rate locally and the dealer couldn’t match and wasn’t even close so hopefully it all works out...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ok so no steering control for this anymore. Bummer.
Thanks for the quick reply!!
Not sure why manufacturers are deleting the "mute" button on the steering wheel. Just one more thing to distract the driver is having to touch the screen. I have that on my Ridgeline, which I have owned for two years. I still cannot mute the radio without looking at the nav screen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use the mute button on my Outback all the time. Sorry to hear it won't be on my Ascent.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I use the mute button on my Outback all the time. Sorry to hear it won't be on my Ascent.
No instant mute button, but just hold the volume down and it goes down quickly. Or just reach over and hit the volume button by the touch screen to turn everything off.

·
Registered
334 Posts
No instant mute button, but just hold the volume down and it goes down quickly. Or just reach over and hit the volume button by the touch screen to turn everything off.

I'll live, I use the volume buttons all the time too. Would you just get your car already? And make sure my white Touring comes with it? I need to get my info to track but I'm getting impatient! I forgot to ask Anthony how to track it when I was there test driving the other night.:crying:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I just finished updating all the interior, trunk, license plate and front/rear under doors lighting to LED. Total of 13. Took about 30 mins in this god awful heat (over 100° today and still near 90° now!). They are all W5W wedge style bulbs. Super easy to swap and def DIY. Even if my cheapo amazon bulbs fail I have many backups.

I’ll take some pics and post em up so you guys can see. I forgot to take a before pic but just check all the stock and reviewer videos to see what it looks like with the incandescent installed.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Ok so I just finished updating all the interior, trunk, license plate and front/rear under doors lighting to LED. Total of 13. Took about 30 mins in this god awful heat (over 100° today and still near 90° now!). They are all W5W wedge style bulbs. Super easy to swap and def DIY. Even if my cheapo amazon bulbs fail I have many backups.

I’ll take some pics and post em up so you guys can see. I forgot to take a before pic but just check all the stock and reviewer videos to see what it looks like with the incandescent installed.
Please do!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Took some quick pics of the LEDs so I don’t leave you guys in suspense too long:
http://imgur.com/a/1pPEpBG

You can also see the tourings accent lighting on the dash and doors and exterior side mirror lighting that’s part of the accesory dimming side mirrors.

I also just signed up for a free 1GB WiFi trial through AT$T since we’re headed to Indy for the 4th. I’ll test it out and report back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Charlie!
I got my vin on 6/21 and was told mid July then got an email on Thursday saying it was being delivered Friday. LOL. So much for mid July.

Interesting to hear about AAA and the approval. My wife was declined alone as we’ll despite a 800+ CR. When I added myself on it was approved. I hope that’s not some type of scam and more bc they are conservative with loans? We are moving forward with AAA since they had the lowest rate locally and the dealer couldn’t match and wasn’t even close so hopefully it all works out...
our credit is similar- and I was a bit surprised- I Would imagine that Ill be ok w the joint application; I assume Berman would not even counter the 2.44% offered by triple a? I guess I will find out on Monday for sure if we are approved and go from there.

Hoping mine gets here next weekend - which would be about 3-4 days ahead of schedule, but then again, I loose at least one day for the 4th of July.

Getting excited! Moved around a bunch of junk in my garage to accommodate the extra 6" ill need over my current 2006 accord
one more question- did you trade in at Berman?? waffling between just doing it there for ease of transaction (even though Ill probably not get as much) vs carmax or something. Wondering what kind of $ they are generally giving for trade ins.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
our credit is similar- and I was a bit surprised- I Would imagine that Ill be ok w the joint application; I assume Berman would not even counter the 2.44% offered by triple a? I guess I will find out on Monday for sure if we are approved and go from there.

Hoping mine gets here next weekend - which would be about 3-4 days ahead of schedule, but then again, I loose at least one day for the 4th of July.

Getting excited! Moved around a bunch of junk in my garage to accommodate the extra 6" ill need over my current 2006 accord
one more question- did you trade in at Berman?? waffling between just doing it there for ease of transaction (even though Ill probably not get as much) vs carmax or something. Wondering what kind of $ they are generally giving for trade ins.
I hope yours comes in soon too!
Berman could not and didnt even bother trying to match the 2.44 from AAA - FI only said he could do what Subaru was offering via Chase (3.49%) so maybe they arent allowed to shop other banks for the Ascent? So long as AAA comes back tomorrow that everything is good to go, should be fine. I have a backup CU thats 2.99% worst case.

We traded in at Berman - they matched what CarMax quoted us which is lower than I had hoped but not by much and was what I expected. I'd suggest getting your trade appraised by CarMax once you schedule your delivery so the offer is still valid (you have 7 days for CM) then use that as leverage with the dealership. They will more than likely match what CM offers and then you can utilize the tax incentive by lowering the total taxable amount on the Ascent. You wont get that if you sell to CM. Hope that helps and keep us posted!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Took some quick pics of the LEDs so I don’t leave you guys in suspense too long:

You can also see the tourings accent lighting on the dash and doors and exterior side mirror lighting that’s part of the accesory dimming side mirrors.

I also just signed up for a free 1GB WiFi trial through AT$T since we’re headed to Indy for the 4th. I’ll test it out and report back.
Lights look terrific...I am ordering now for my Touring...thanks for showing them...great addition?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

What's all that flickering from the bulbs in the photo? Ha,ha just kidding. Looks great!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.