Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only big mess up was putting the bumper plastic back on and then remembering I didn't torque to the specified 82lbs. Had to pull it back off and get the torque wrench out. Also, broke the two small push pins at the top of the wheel well which of course are not the same size of all the push pins that I no longer need.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just ordered mine...was planning on installing myself. Was it difficult? Should I get some spare clips? Will I break them no matter how hard you try not to?

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
I strongly suggest one of these to make life easier. I've had one for many decades, and just realized what it is for a few years ago.

It makes popping every Ascent pushclip a breeze.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the above tool as I have one from all the speakers I've changed in vehicles. The two at the top of the wheel well just disintegrated. They were much closer to being plastic pop rivets than push pins.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered mine...was planning on installing myself. Was it difficult? Should I get some spare clips? Will I break them no matter how hard you try not to?
I did it solo in about 3 hours with; no hurry, no power tools, and some beers. It is engineered so that one person can do it. I did have the youtube video up on my phone and did watch, pause video, do that step, and then watch the next step.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The two tabs that were broken work different than all those others you'll remove. These have a little tit in the middle you PUSH IN in order to release. They are located in the wheel well, upper area. You tube videos sometimes show how to release them, but the instructions for the hitch show and explain as well. Just push in the center and the tab easily comes out. All the others, you pull out the center. Not these two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts