Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of red ones popping up! Congrats!
Thank you! It definitely was hard to find. I got a great deal on it so I knew I had to do it. $38k certified pre-used from the dealer as a loaner car and it only had 1,000 miles 馃槺!!!! I had to get it as I knew it wouldn鈥檛 last long. The had another one with 2,000 miles.

Registered
Nice...if its a 2020, then you have red with brown...IMO the best combo for red! Enjoy...(the 2021's are red/black...)
When I got mine, I was the only one in town with that color....so yea its a rear one to find...took me a while to find it at dealers...

Administrator
Thank you! I鈥檓 starting to get used to the Ascent. I went from a Prius to this! A big change, and I love it.
OMG, that's a massive change!! I went from an Outback, and my Lane Keep used to nag me all the time, until I finally turned on the Touring's front cam and realized my passenger side was sitting on the line, lol!!! Sitting next to my friend's Prius was funny. And, looking down at people in cars next to me on the road was different. "Hey you, down there, it's starting to rain! You'll notice it soon!"

Congrats!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice...if its a 2020, then you have red with brown...IMO the best combo for red! Enjoy...(the 2021's are red/black...)
When I got mine, I was the only one in town with that color....so yea its a rear one to find...took me a while to find it at dealers...
Yes you鈥檙e right! I was so split on the 2020 red vs 2021 red because of the black leather in the 2021!!!! I almost got a 2021 in red but I really loved the the red with the Java brown leather. I was lucky to find this one! I had to drive 2 hours to get it. Luckily it was in San Jose (a large city by San Francisco). The salesmen had to jump start it too because no one would test drive it as people want smaller cars in the big city.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG, that's a massive change!! I went from an Outback, and my Lane Keep used to nag me all the time, until I finally turned on the Touring's front cam and realized my passenger side was sitting on the line, lol!!! Sitting next to my friend's Prius was funny. And, looking down at people in cars next to me on the road was different. "Hey you, down there, it's starting to rain! You'll notice it soon!"

Congrats!!!
Thank you! I鈥檓 experiencing that now with the lane keep assist! I love all the safety features because I feel like I鈥檓 so up high I might run someone or something over! Also when driving a Prius, they have a slow take off when accelerating. So I have to learn to accelerate with a light foot now on m ascent!

Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2015 Kia K900
Yes you鈥檙e right! I was so split on the 2020 red vs 2021 red because of the black leather in the 2021!!!! I almost got a 2021 in red but I really loved the the red with the Java brown leather. I was lucky to find this one! I had to drive 2 hours to get it. Luckily it was in San Jose (a large city by San Francisco). The salesmen had to jump start it too because no one would test drive it as people want smaller cars in the big city.
Best wishes with your new Ascent. Your pose in your photo made me chuckle. I'm partial to the java brown interior. It's great paired with the red exterior. Alas, my silver 2021 has the black interior but I still love it. Spent ten hours driving it home yesterday from a vacation in FL.

Registered
Welcome. Your picture worth a thousand words and I'm glad you're in love w/ the Subbie.

I should caution you not to "fall head over heel" on the car 100% of the time, but I think 97% of the time ... :) You may come across some minor issues that likely none of us have experienced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts