Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Finally got'er tinted yesterday 30% all around, minus windshield. Went with SunTek CIR for the film.
How is your visibility out the rear and back windows now? Especially at night? Does it make it harder to look through the privacy windows to see whats inside?

Also, any temp difference and what is your location?

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is your visibility out the rear and back windows now? Especially at night? Does it make it harder to look through the privacy windows to see whats inside?

Also, any temp difference and what is your location?
Visability out the rear is fine at night. It's definitely darker than when it was just the privacy glass and alot harder to see what's in the car.

So far its seems to help with keeping the interior temps a little lower, but it hasn't been real hot out here in Daly City. I have a feeling that the moon roof is where some of the heat is still coming through, but I'm hesitant about tinting it. I also have the OEM sunshade so I'm sure that will further help reduce the internal temps on a hot day.

·
Registered
'19 Ascent Limited
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a picture looking back, out the side and trying to look in for reference. It was pretty sunny out today but only in the mid 60's. I'll try to get a picture looking back at night if i have a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Finally got'er tinted yesterday 30% all around, minus windshield. Went with SunTek CIR for the film.

30% all around? Man that looks pretty good and darker than mine! I’m in Florida and tinted mine to the legal limit of %28 fronts sides 15% rear sides and 15% rear window.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.