Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAN! They don't make it easy to find an intercooler screen, for those of us that don't want a DIY one. Before I get flac, I am a welder and can make one, I just chose to buy one instead.... I just REALLY don't have time to sit down to design/make one. (Shop rate is ~100/hr [fab + design + welding] so... it's cheaper for me to buy one).

This one is from Compressive Tuning. Click the drop down box for 2019+ Ascents!!!

BTW, check out their fiberglass hood w/ a scoop! Guess that will be my next project!!!

D.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just as an FYI - I have the AutoDromo (and the Airshields too). I dunno if you would actually have to weld anything TBH. As far as I can tell, the DIY on the other thread link that was provided should work similarly To the Airshields. I suggested they cut a little extra material to be able to fold down the excess and make the design a bit more of a shoebox lid shape so that the screen is offset a bit and kind of floats above the TMIC . That’s essentially how the AutoDromo is designed, although the AutoDromo Technically sits as a flat mesh level with the top of the TMIC Since the sides extend over and are bracketed into the TMIC side fins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts