Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went with the 8 passenger config so that I could lay the 2nd row down and create a larger area for cargo, and for when I'm on long trips with my dogs. The only issue is the huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows.

I'm thinking about hitting up Joann Fabric or something and getting bulk padding to fill it in, but was curious if anyone had a more refined solution, or had tried something similar.

I will probably try something out and will provide pictures (unless it's a complete failure).

-DROB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wonder if someone could get Dirty Dog 4x4 to make some trench covers for the Ascent like the ones they make for Wrangler's trench gap? JK Unlimited Trench cover - New #: J4TR07R1BK

EDIT- just grabbed them out of the Wrangler and threw them in the Ascent. The 60 of the 60/40 seat split fits the Ascent's 60 very well. The 40 part is is 6-7" too short. The other issue is the back bottom of the second row is about 2" lower than the third row but slopes up. If someone could get Dirty Dog 4x4 to make them they would needed to be about twice the width over the trench so you could velcro them in right under the latch system attach points to level things better. Not sure the present design is sturdy enough to carry an 18-20" of unsupported load.

Wish Tapatalk was supported so I could put the pix up easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah... Good call. More space between never occurred to me to be easier. Cool. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts